Summer Transfer Window 2021

Funny I thought Toulouse was one of the many options across the world, but just saw that 85% of the club has been acquired by RedBird.

1 Like

They do have one in France. Troyes I think.

1 Like

Pretty sure they were in Toulouse as well, they changed/modernized their crest (in line with other City Group clubs), but seems like they’re not involved there anymore.

1 Like

Some confirmed deals that were obligations/options to buy (some of the fees are just additional to what’s been paid previously) and some new transfers.

Maybe we already mentioned some in past two windows, but I’ll get through this so we can either remind ourselves and get an idea what’s confirmed for now as an intro into summer 2021.

Matteo Politano from Inter to Napoli for £17.1m.
Musa Barrow from Atalanta to Bologna for £13m.
Jamie Murphy from Rangers to Hibernian on a free.
Razvan Marin from Ajax to Cagliari for £9m.
Mbwana Samatta from Villa to Fenerbahce for £5.4m.
Josko Gvardiol from Dinamo Zagreb to RB Leipzig for £14.4m.
Matteo Darmian from Parma to Inter for £2.2m.
Noa Lang from Ajax to Club Brugge for £5.4m.
Ahmed Hegazy from WBA to Al-Ittihad on a permanent deal.
Aster Vranckx from Mechelen to Wolfsburg for £7.2m.
David Raum from Greuter Furth to Hoffenheim on a free. A LB with 16 assists in the Bundesliga II.
Angelo Stiller from Bayern (II) to Hoffenheim on a free.
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has retired from football at Schalke.
Kamil Piatkowski from Rakow to RB Salzburg for £4.5m.
Hannes Wolf from RB Leipzig to Monchengladbach for £8.5m.
Antonio Candreva from Inter to Sampdoria for £2.2m.
Wylan Cyprien from Nice to Parma for £6.3m.
Angelino from City to RB Leipzig for £16.2m.
Pepe from Gremio to Porto for £13.5m.
Jeremy Toljan from Dortmund to Sassuolo for £3.1m.
Lars Unnerstall from PSV to Twente on a free.
Joel Drommel from Twente to PSV for £3.1m.
Weston McKennie from Schalke to Juventus for £16.6m.
Roger Ibanez from Atalanta to Roma for £8.1m.
Danny Latza from Mainz to Schalke on a free.
Eduard Sobol from Shakhtar to Club Brugge for £3.1m.
Marcus Berg from Krasnodar to Goteborg on a free.
Oscar Wendt from Monchengladbach to Goteborg on a free.
Kieran Gibbs from WBA to Inter Miami on a free.
Nick Marsman from Feyenoord to Inter Miami on a free.
Scott Brown from Celtic to Aberdeen on a free.
Craig Dawson from Watford to West Ham for £2.1m
Benjamin Henrichs from Monaco to RB Leipzig for £13.5m.
Maxime Lopez from Marseille to Sassuolo for £1.8m.
Omer Beyaz from Fenerbahce to Stuttgart on a free.
Dimitrios Giannoulis from PAOK to Norwich for £6.7m.
Giangiacomo Magnani from Sassuolo to Hellas Verona for £3.6m.
Federico Ceccherini from Fiorentina to Hellas Verona for £2.7m.
Antonin Barak from Udinese to Hellas Verona for £5.4m.
Dejan Ljubicic from Rapid Vienna to Koln on a free.
Rani Khedira from Augsburg to Union Berlin on a free.
Hamed Traore from Empoli to Sassuolo for £14.4m.
Lukasz Piszczek from Dortmund to Goczalkowice on a free.
Alban Lafont from Fiorentina to Nantes for £6.7m.
Igor from SPAL to Fiorentina for £4.5m.
Fashion Sakala from Oostende to Rangers on a free.

Wow! KJH only just retiring!

These are very significant amounts. Specially considering the clubs involved and existing financial conditions.

I suspect it’s an FFP dodge. It might be nothing of the sort of course but I’m going to throw it out there anyway.

2 Likes

Montevideo!!!

Donnaruma, Depay, Wijnaldum, Calhanoglu, Thauvin, Agüero, Draxler, J. Boateng

Will be interesting to see where they end up. All free transfers.

1 Like

What is happening at Palace? Benteke, Sakho, Schlupp, van Aanholt, Townsend, Clyne, Martin Kelly, McCarthy, Wickham all out of contract this summer.

1 Like

A theory that I’ve had for a while is that Donnarumma would end up at Juventus as a “sweetener” of sorts if they indulge Raiola and bring Pogba back. We’ll see if that turns out that way.

As for Wijnaldum, I’ve had a feeling that it would be Juventus because they stockpile good players on free transfers - but Bayern would have made just as much sense if not more. I don’t buy these recent Bayern rumours, though, I guess they would have snapped him up by now had they really been interested in him.

2 Likes

I don’t watch Serie A often but from what I’ve seen of Barrow I think he’s a talent.

My obligatory statement: Would love Depay here. But I don’t want to ignite anything :zipper_mouth_face:

Would be huge relief to their wage bill, smart move.

2 Likes

Mexican football pays well. I watched a DW documentary on Mexican League and national team. Apparently footballers aren’t interested to move to more competitive European leagues since they can earn well at home. As a result the Mexican team isn’t very competitive at international stage.

1 Like

Can’t see Barca signing both Depay and Agüero so I think it’s going to be Kun to keep Messi happy. Or maybe Kun back to Atletico.

Also think that Barca will sell one or Griezman or Dembele. Maybe as Mbappe replacement at PSG.

Man this really feels like an carousel for attackers. :carousel_horse: :ferris_wheel:

Barca are preparing a new deal for Dembele. We’ll see what happens with Griezmann, he’s been playing better this season. In this market and climate, it’s easy to “wish to sell”, but harder than before to find a buyer.

2 Likes

Indeed, I think this will be the biggest problem for us this summer; finding buyers for our unwanted squad players. Edwards is going to have his work cut out for sure.

1 Like
2 Likes