Summer Transfer Window 2021

Naouirou Ahamada from Juventus (U23) to Stuttgart for £1.3m.

In the most predictable transfer news ever, West Ham want Abraham. That’d be a cool addition to their side, though.

3 Likes

It’s more the level where I see Abraham next anyway, not so much a club like Liverpool.

Landry Dimata from Anderlecht to Espanyol for £2m.
Moussa Marega from Porto to Al-Hilal on a free.

1 Like

I agree about this - it’s not that I don’t understand why some Liverpool fans would want him (frankly, looking at poor finishing stats from past four months, I’d have taken Alan Shearer, suit, tie and all) but I never thought of him as a player who’d fit into Klopp’s plans. Leicester at a push (they will need a replacement for Vardy as a poacher with a spring in his step, which Abraham is) but Abraham should be best served at a club like West Ham or Arsenal - and maybe even return to Chelsea one day if he proves to be better than we thought.

1 Like

Draxler is set to extend his expiring contract at PSG.

Strikes me like every second-hand equipment dealer in Balkan countries ever, “look, I’ll accept 10 million euros but only because it’s you”. :joy:

5 Likes

Ben Gibson from Burnley to Norwich for £8.8m.

1 Like

So much for Willian “on a free”. Arsenal trying to get rid with him having 2 years left.

1 Like

Good luck with that! I think most of us could see what a car crash that would be given the wages involved.

It’s probably put them two years back…

Lucas Boye from Torino to Elche for £1.8m.
Ramon Mierez from Alaves to Osijek for £2.2m.
Jeremias Ledesma from Rosario to Cadiz for £1.6m.
Valentin Antov from CSKA Sofia to Bologna for £2.7m.

Marko van Ginkel to be released by Chelsea. He signed for them in 2013, made 4 appearances in the first team and was PSV’s captain in their game at the weekend - now his 4th season at PSV.

Lewis Holtby to be released by Blackburn.

Aleksander Buksa to be released by Wisla. He is linked with Juve and Bayern Munich, fell out with the management.

A batch of other once highly rated players leaving their clubs… Zeki Fryers released by Swindon (he was the cause of some animosity between Man Utd and Spurs once upon a time), James Wilson released by Salford, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson released by Oldham.

1 Like

He would have been an excellent back up LB for us a few years ago. Obviously getting a little older now though and we have Tsimikas who I think is a better player than we have seen so far.

2 Likes

Going to be interesting to see how Palace deal with this summer. New manager, and so many players out of contract.

Don’t know how reliable any of this is but seems plausible.

1 Like

Maybe a blessing in disguise, who knows. I thought it could be dangerous if they fall asleep with Roy and a bunch of players on contracts who aren’t performing anymore because they’re bloody old. I mean, they still had somoene like Scott Dann starting at CB this season, that speaks volumes. A lot of deadwood in that roster. But yeah, getting the manager spot right will be key this summer.

2 Likes

Most of their out of contract players are fringe players and are pretty old too. Palace will miss out on some decent fees, but they will also clear out significant amount from their wage bill.

2 Likes