Summer Transfer Window 2021

No new manager yet, possibility of not getting a high profile one, no CL and years of not winning something substantial - will Son follow him out as well?

2 Likes

Rumours I’ve seen in London are that Lampard will be offered the post…

2 Likes

They have a death wish :joy:

looks like everyone is starting to run the Kane leaving Spurs stories now, although maybe just because it is a popular story to run…

1 Like

It’s a weird one, big contract till 2024 so will take huge money… Anyone who goes for him is basically spending their entire budget on an injury prone player and that leaves other players with less competition (Sancho…)

I highly doubt Levy sells him to Chelsea though.

2 Likes

Wants to leave should be no breaking news…

But it’s not an easy deal to make inside the PL and in this climate.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the cost will be all that great to those likely to go after him. City, Utd and Chelsea have the financial firepower to get both him and Sancho if they wanted (and I don’t see Chelsea after Sancho)

1 Like

I think it’s also partly Kane’s (and his agent’s) fault that he signed a very, very long deal (think it was updated last time, but it was huge and long term). Now he might have to wait a little bit closer to the end of this current deal to try and force his way out.

I’ve seen figures of £140mil!

I very much doubt it will be anything near that.

Unless there’s some agreement in place, with the length of his contract i’d be surprised to see Levy just let him go for a ‘normal’ price. They wanted £225m for Eriksen and preferred to keep him and lose value than let him go sooner for less.

Obviously Harry could put in a transfer request, but would he?

1 Like

The transfer request wouldn’t make any difference. For Kane to sign a new deal, it’s quite likely some sort of agreement would have been made on Kane leaving if they didnt get back into CL.

Not true, Levy put a £130m price tag on Eriksen to put off English clubs from signing him. He would have accepted a lower figure from European clubs.
The situation the club is in now is also different to when Eriksen was up for sale.

Situation is very different now. Spurs don’t have any CL money to count on and COVID has punched a big hole in their finances.

Besides, his potential suitors can still indulge themselves. I expect £80-100 million would be worthwhile for both the parties.

1 Like

AS isn’t a reliable source.

1 Like

That wasn’t really my point anyway, more that in rumour terms they wanted £225m for Eriksen. I’ve seen £200m suggested for Kane.

My point was that unless there is an agreement in place (which was the first thing I said), then history suggests Levy would prefer to keep Kane longer and let his value drop than just let him go for a price lower than his value, whatever that may be

I hadn’t taken into account the lack of Champions League though which is a valid point and could even be a specific part of his contract.

Talisca from Guangzhou to Al-Nassr for £7.2m.

Who , who and who ?

1 Like

Just another FM fan wish. :joy:

1 Like

Talking about FM, Walcott signs a two-year deal with Southampton after his Everton deal expired.

1 Like