Summer Transfer Window 2021

1 Like

Kounde is very good in FM, that’s all I really know about him. But he looks to be pretty short for a CB, just 5’10.

1 Like

And you’ve an absolute fucking nightmare come next round of contract renewals.

In light of the fact that you are bringing in twenty year old lads on approx 300k a week, my client believes he is worth…

1 Like

I don’t think his salary is that out of kilter with other key players in the squad, and I’m sure that they have in mind the upcoming renewals.

What we may see is a trimming of the squad, perhaps padding a few more spots with youth team players. How much longer is Cavani, De Gea, Matic, Lingaard and Mata going to be there for example.

Feel for the lad. He had some shocking advice, no wonder his agent was disciplined.

4 Likes

I found it difficult to support him when they both cried “suffering from depression” in order to force a move. I felt it was an offensive tactic.

3 Likes

Tried the Raiola too soon with Duncan.

1 Like

Pablo Rosario from PSV to Nice for £5.4m.
Toby Alderweireld from Spurs to Al-Duhail confirmed, £11.7m.
Leif Davis from Leeds to Bournemouth on loan.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell from Burnley to Sheffield Wednesday on loan.
Donyell Malen from PSV to Dortmund confirmed, £27m.

1 Like

We dodged that bullet. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know some posters are keen on this guy

2 Likes

“Support Harry Kane”

No way in hell both of them will be Spurs.

5 Likes

Maybe he has a removals business on the side?

1 Like

Or just to follow him around with a bib.

4 Likes

Support Harry Kane obviously translates as replacement.

Yes that was what I read last week they saw him as Harry replacement.

1 Like

But it also shows how soulless the Chelsea academy is. It is so disconnected from the rest of Chelsea as a club as it exists solely to be a production line to raise money for their senior team. This summer they are in the market for a new CB and are allegedly looking at a relatively inexperienced 22 year old from France. On the surface, Kounde is an exciting move for them, but to make room they have moved on two of their own 20 something year old England youth internationals.

I get that if those guys are not good enough Chelsea have no requirement to use them just because they need a CB, but it’s not like Guehi and Tomori have fallen that far down the footballing ladder. Does anyone believe for a moment that either of them got a real look in at Chelsea?

Now they’re doing the same to Tammy. Total shit bag of a club.

6 Likes

They have also lost Lewis Bate to Leeds, Myles Peart-Harris to Brentford, Dynel Simeu to Southampton, Pierre Ekwah to West Ham and could see Valentino Livramento to Brighton. All of them refused new contracts due to not seeing a realistic path to the first team and yet all of them have a good chance of playing Premier League football next season.

They’ll get about 1.5m for each of those although their market value will likely be significantly higher over the next few years. It’s both a condemnation and praise of Chelsea’s academy that they can afford to lose guys who are potentially Premier League calibre players and not really blink about it because they have a tonne more ready to take their place.

3 Likes

They do currently have a great crop in the first team squad though. James, Christensen, Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Tammy. Plus Loftus Cheek who’ll probably be sold for a few quid and Gilmour out on loan.

Most clubs couldn’t dream of an academy crop like that so for the young lads to say they see no route to the first team is a bit of a push. Maybe it’s because that age group ahead of them were just exceptional?

Personally I think the money they got for Tomori would have been crazy to turn down and whilst Guehi never got much of a look in, we’d all take £15m for Philips if the offer came and I don’t see that as much different.

1 Like

Marcus Bettinelli from Fulham to Chelsea on a free.
Marko Pjaca from Juventus to Torino on loan.
Joachim Andersen from Lyon to Palace for £15.7m.
Sergi Gomez from Sevilla to Espanyol for £900k.

1 Like