Summer Transfer Window 2021

Denial is the first stage….

Maybe Icardi is available? I know you love an argie…

1 Like

You’ve misspelled “orgy”.

I’d love Lautaro here but don’t see that he offers that much to Spurs without Kane, and it surely would be without Kane.

2 Likes

If it was only Spurs and Arsenal battling to sign him then there must be question marks about his ability from bigger clubs. I haven’t seen much of the guy so I don’t know but he gets a lot of hype for someone who is choosing between two clubs outside of the Champions League and who have significant off the field problems.

Only other thing I can imagine is bigger clubs are waiting to see what fee Spurs negotiated and if they want to match it.

2 Likes

Or have bigger fish to fry/problems to deal with.

City=Kane, Chelsea=Lukaku, United=Sancho, PSG=Messi, Real/Barca=Huge financial problems.

We’re practically the only big team not in a mess that hasn’t either brought in a top forward or in the process of doing so. It’s been a Summer when the likes of him that are a step or two down don’t really have many places they can go.

3 Likes

Juan Iturbe from Pumas to Aris on loan.
Johan Mojica from Girona to Elche for £1m.
Axel Tuanzebe from United to Villa on loan.

#Mboopi2021

Imagine being Martinez. Spend 2 years experiencing Barca making eyes at you and somehow end up at Spurs instead.

8 Likes

Nearly as bad as Aguero joining Barca to play with Messi…

3 Likes

He’s far too good to join Spurs or Arsenal, the Atletico link seems more likely to me. His agent has said today that he’s happy to stay, though I guess that decision could always be taken out of his hands if the club is really in as bad a state as some think.

Would love him here as an upgrade to Firmino.

4 Likes

They are in a bad way but got the majority of the way to where they needed to be in terms of sales with just Hakimi. After that deal they weren’t looking to sell anyone else. They took the Lukaku money not because they needed it but because it was too much to say to no to a player who told them he wanted to leave. After that, they definitely dont need to listen to any more offers and they’ll be all out riots if they sell Martinez on top of the other players who have already left.

2 Likes

Given the prices they are getting for these players, not sure it qualifies as a fire sale…

…so they say!

Viktor Kovalenko from Atalanta to Spezia on loan.
Matias Vina from Palmeiras to Roma for £11.7m.

1 Like
1 Like

That is a really old fashioned football on the Barca logo eh…
Not sure if it shows a touch of charm or if it needs to be updated

Or be replaced by an image of a pile of money, to truly bring it up to date.

3 Likes
1 Like

Idiots. They could have had a CL & PL winner for that money. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

How he going to score without Elliot spoon feeding him?

2 Likes