Summer Transfer Window 2021

Edit: The Telegraph add a few more names, one is Adama Traore, the other is Jonas Hofmann:

3 Likes

Dear me, he’s still Atletico’s player.

They also splashed quite a bit of money on players who didn’t provide much.

Costa’s return was a flop, Morata’s so-so. Did Moussa Dembele even get a chance? Felix is young and a top talent, still trying to find his level. Lemar? Quite a big flop. Gelson Martins? Another failed winger there. A bunch of CM’s like that little mouse Herrera, Torreira (what a weird loan, did they even need him?), Kondogbia. What did they get from those so far?

Some top/shrewd moves, but also a nice bunch of those failed ones that went silent under the radar.

4 Likes

Yeah, Atletico definitely has more misses than hits. Some of the fees are just ridiculous.

Felix €125 million
Costa €60 million
Lemar €70 million

Confirmed.

2 Likes

Guus Til from Spartak Moscow to Feyenoord on a free.

Both Madrid and Barcelona are in severe debt, yet they are signing players on premium wages.

1 Like

Swiss goalkeeper Gregor Kobel from Stuttgart to Dortmund €15m.

1 Like

Saving on fees. And the wages may not be as much as what they are paying players who could be leaving this summer?

1 Like

Both of them have €1 billion in debts. Free or not, Alba, Aguero will still cost a fortune.

Barca have said that if not for Covid, they would have broken even this year (well a small profit of €2m).

There is an issue around when the debts fall due but if they can roll it over then the situation isn’t that dire for them, they just need to clean up their books.

They also had plans to sell off a % of their non playing assets to help pay down debt.

4 Likes

My point is, they have a huge debt. They have a lucrative income, true. But they have to be economic in their expenses too.

Which they probably are being by bringing in players like Gini and Memphis on free transfers and apparently moderate wages…

Aguero is apparently on half the salary he was at City.

1 Like

Best club in the world according to Aguero…

Lolz

I wouldn’t have minded Heaton as back up to be fair.

1 Like

But he get a massive signing on fee to cover that minimal loss

Free transfer Eric Garcia to Barca also confirmed.

4 Likes

Philipp Mwene from Mainz to PSV on a free.
Cican Stankovic from RB Salzburg to AEK for £1m.
Pawel Wszolek from Legia Warsaw to Union Berlin on a free.
Juan Miranda from Barca to Betis on a free.
Imran Louza from Nantes to Watford for £9m.

1 Like

Why would Chelsea need Adama Traore? Oh well, just go for it…

2 Likes

Can’t see opposition fans taking the piss out of that name.

At all.

7 Likes

I doubt this will get beat this summer

2 Likes

Emerson Royal from Betis back to Barca for £8.1m.
Leo Sena from Atletico Mineiro to Spezia for £1.8m.
Julian Von Moos from Basel to Vitesse on loan.
Miguelon from Villarreal to Espanyol for £450k.

2 Likes