Summer Transfer Window 2022

I actually think he’ll do well there. He’s been fairly underused by City, and his goals to minutes ratio is actually pretty good. He’ll be the main man there up front and he’ll be an upgrade on Laca and Auba.

4 Likes

Jesus is an interesting one.

When he came to City he looked like a top talent.

But…

In the meantime, and I don’t know if I initially got it wrong or it took me time to realize, he’s technically/tactically actually not very clean.

In the last games last season when he played as the central guy, it was obvious how nervous he is compared to other City players when in possession.

Hard worker? One of the most active forwards in the game, his industry is incredible. But that was perhaps the “problem” also. Maybe too active, too much popping up everywhere. Pep also mentioned something last season about him needing to be more calm when in possession.

He’s a good all round forward (started out as a winger), but it’s obvious that for a while now, his importance for City dropped bit by bit.

So I’m not sure. Looking at all the nice creators Arsenal have between the lines, could Jesus provide good balance with his work rate in front of them? Sure.

But playing as a single striker and connecting the game also? We’ll see how it looks.

Arsenal are far from City right now so maybe for a certain time, Jesus at the age of 25 represents a step forward. Longer term, Arteta possibly struck a relationship with him at City and maybe feels like he can give him new confidence, work on a few details like I said above, etc.

2 Likes

Simon Adingra from Brighton to Saint-Gilloise on loan.
Kalvin Phillips from Leeds to City for £43.8m.
Joao Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon to Fulham for £18m.
Guus Til from Spartak Moscow to PSV for £2.7m.
Trezeguet from Villa to Trabzonspor for £3.6m.

1 Like

Jesus is a very good signing for Arsenal Imo, just what they needed.

Bit of a cunt and a very punchable face but he has a lot in his locker ability wise.

But with City getting Haaland he was never going to be seen as City’s #1 up top.

For country he has been pretty poor but hasn’t he only been used sparingly by Pep last few seasons? Would be interested to know what his goals per minute ratio is.

Isn’t that cheap for Phillips?

Don’t rate him anywhere near the levels of Rice who is only worth 70-80m.

Eriksen agrees to join Utd…poor choice Imo and Brentford should feel somewhat annoyed.

1 Like

Kessie to Barca

2 Likes

More of a question for United I think than for Eriksen. Brentford should really understand the opportunity Eriksen has earned with much bigger clubs interested in him again. I have no idea how United plans their starting XI for next season though, perhaps Eriksen will be more of a rotation option, or not such a guaranteed starter.

2 Likes

Jesus might improve on what they have there but what they have there were probably better than Jesus when they moved there.

That’s got to be the concern for me, if he stays as he is I think he is a success but the drop off by some who have gone there seems an issue.

Hopefully he wants revenge on them when he plays them and not miss a sitter from 5 yards.

Sebastiano Esposito from Inter to Anderlecht on loan.
Lee Buchanan from Derby to Werder on a free.
Luiz Felipe from Lazio to Betis on a free.

1 Like

Eriksen to Man U according to my mate

:joy::joy::joy::+1:

Andreas Christensen from Chelsea to Barca on a free confirmed, 4-year deal.

3 Likes
1 Like

Like he said, Bayern spent some big money transfers on defenders in last years and often it didn’t look really well planned or executed on the pitch…

1 Like

Michel Vlap from Anderlecht to Twente for £1.8m.
Charlie Cresswell from Leeds to Millwall on loan.
Dan N’Lundulu from Southampton to Cheltenham on loan.
Martin Satriano from Inter to Empoli on loan.
Rolando Mandragora from Juventus to Fiorentina for £7.3m.
Robbie Brady from Bournemouth to Preston on a free.
Tommy Doyle from City to Sheffield United on loan.

1 Like

@cynicaloldgit
I’ve just got a scoop that Christian Eriksen… is going to play for… Manchester… United!

Hard to believe but my man was adamant that his source was mustard. Thought I’d let you lads on here know about it before I tell the rest of the world.

@Hope.in.your.heart My other source believe that we may hear some big news about Mo Salah soon!! (They wouldn’t say whether it was about signing a new contract but I know Mo has said he’s staying for this season so lets hope so!)

If I have any more breaking transfer news I’ll let you know. :wink:

1 Like

Ritsu Doan from PSV to Freiburg for £7.6m.
Tomas Rincon from Torino to Sampdoria on a free.