Summer Transfer Window 2022

Zeki Celik from Lille to Roma for £6.3m.
Tyronne Ebuehi from Benfica (B) to Empoli on loan.
Divock Origi from Liverpool to Milan on a free confirmed.

1 Like

This isn’t a defense, as it is part of being successful at the top level, but I think the failure of the 2018 world cup was something that really ate at his confidence and he hasn’t been the same player since. So much of the failure of that campaign was hung around his neck - started every game and returned 0 goals. That’s the sort of thing that Brazil doesnt let you forget, and was probably not the best man management by Tite to later publicly admit sticking with him (instead of turning to Bobby) was his primary regret of the campaign. He seemed to be a different player after that. Not just in terms of confidence, but in terms of the way he played. Like he wanted to compensate for his lack of goals with more work, so that it was a less cut throat way for his performances to be evaluated rather than living or dying on whether you can take that one chance that comes your way.

He definitely started looking a bit better last season and produced some really important goals. Regardless, the move probably doesnt happen without Arteta knowing the pre-2018 version of him and having a vision for what he still thinks the lad can be. It’s not remotely a slam dunk, but for what that fee buys you these days it’s a signing with a ton of upside. He may not ever score the goals Auba did, but what they have is a far more reliably tactically astute and hard working player who will implement the game plan. And if he can refind his confidence in front of goal could be a produce a massive return on investment.

1 Like

Tyrell Malacia from Feyenoord to United confirmed, £13.5m.

1 Like

That’s cheap

1 Like

I’m sure United can make that look very expensive based on the performances of their defenders in recent years.

Assume that means £15m Alex Telles is getting bombed out and £30m Luke Shaw will be backing up this kid I’d never heard of two weeks ago.

Kessie to Barca, what an incredible move for the player. Easy money.

I can’t find the source now but I also read at the weekend Everton “registered interest” with Barca for Memphis.

Sargis Adamyan from Hoffenheim to Koln for £1.3m.
Maya Yoshida from Sampdoria to Schalke on a free.
Razvan Marin from Cagliari to Empoli on loan, £900k fee.
Samuel Bastien from Standard Liege to Burnley for £720k.
Raoul Bellanova from Cagliari to Inter on loan, £2.7m fee.
Brice Samba from Forest to Lens for £4.5m.

Wout Weghorst from Burnley to Besiktas on loan.
Ivan Sunjic from Birmingham to Hertha on loan.
David Carmo from Braga to Porto for £18m.

Football clubs need to do more of this… whoever he is

This is garbage mind, I had flashbacks of my NES crashing

1 Like

In fact AEW have Jim Ross signed up… Tony Khan should be announcing every Fulham player like this.

Still beats the fuck out of this monstrosity:

At least it told you who the player was, I’ve had to spend several minutes scouring the internet trying to find out who the fuck that Burnley player is…

3 Likes

it is still better than this turgid piece of crap

Funny thing is that Barca cannot register him or any signings until they sort out their finances.

Romano reports that Juve have reached agreement with Di Maria to sign him on a 1-year deal.

Juventus remind me of how i used to play football manager. spend all my clubs money in one window and leave them in crippling debt for a decade. Every summer i would then welcome my free transfers… eventually getting sacked.

1 Like

The rule is that if a club has already committed to spending over the league calculated spending limit (based on profitability over the previous 3 years) additional spending (signing new players or extending existing players) is really difficult - for every euro in new in spending they need to first cut 4 euros from their existing commitments. That’s the situation Barca are in, with their most recent spending cap coming in at a negative value. Importantly though that is still be officially recalculated before the start of the season and the current figure doesn’t include the 200 million they received for their recent TV rights deal.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1544640589588725760?t=czZx5PWWj1BF6izOvueDQA&s=09

I like Gordon, though he needs to add some more end product to his game. Probably the one Everton youngster who caught my eye early. But a very positive winger, does a lot of things well and clean.

A diving dick though

6 Likes