Summer Transfer Window 2022

Everton should take the money and run. He’s a below average talent with limited potential and in all honesty I don’t think he’s a starter at any other PL club than Everton last season.

3 Likes

Roméo Lavia as a £12m acquisition for Southampton from Manchester City.

Is it just me, but I often wonder how City are able to get such figures for fringe players…

Milan have announced that Romagnoli has been released after not coming to an agreement on a renewal.

1 Like

Let’s see if he could be a target for Spurs.

Spurs or Chelsea bound.

1 Like

I reckon they’d be looking at us going how can we get such fees for Kev Stewart, Danny Ward, Rafa Camacho, Ryan Kent and then there’s Solanke and Brewster plus probably Neco Williams next.

We understand the fees for our fringe lads as we follow them more closely and think they’re all likely to be good players. Their fan probably knows about those players City are selling and thinks it’s good but not outlandish money.

1 Like

Rochinha from Vitoria Guimaraes to Sporting Lisbon for £1.8m.
Andri Fannar Baldursson from Bologna to NEC on loan.
Victor Chust from Real Madrid to Cadiz for £900k.
Conor Hourihane from Villa to Derby on a free.
Konstantinos Stafylidis from Hoffenheim to Bochum for £225k.
Axel Witsel from Dortmund to Atletico on a free.
Sebastian Haller from Ajax to Dortmund for £27.9m.
Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo to Sheffield United for £3.1m.
Calvin Verdonk from Famalicao to NEC on a free.
Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig to Leeds for £21m.

1 Like

Sterling agreed terms with Chelsea.

Ederson from Salernitana to Atalanta for £21m.
Matteo Lovato from Atalanta to Salernitana for £9.9m.

With the major caveat that I get the order in which signings are completed dont reflect the priority of the buying club, and they may already be well positioned to bring in the additional players they need to replace their exiting defenders and LukakuIs but is anyone else able to understand the logic here for Chelsea to do this? Ordinarily any opportunity to land a good player is worth considering, but Chelsea seem like they have so much work to do this summer with Sterling’s best roles the ones they are arguably already strongest in.

1 Like

Rangers paid Liverpool an initial transfer fee of £6.5 million
Pereira just transferred to Fulham from ManU for 10mp…
And this unknown academy player goes for 15mp…

I suspect that somewhere down the road, we’ll have another Bild leak.

1 Like

Might be looking to move some of those out?

The Rock’s opponent…

*Samuel Bastian from Standard Liege going by his comments I don’t think he understands the Championship is the second division.

Oh my god…

I’ll stick to the NES crashing, the ball also uses the term “baller” which is my most hated phrase in football. I hope it bursts irritating fuck with its pompous tone.

Apart from Camacho, all the others had successful loan spell (Ward, Neco, Brewster), or Chelsea style loans (Kent, Stewart). And Camacho went back to his youth club for 7m pre-pandemic.

Of course, $hitty buy top talented youth players, so there is potential there. It’s just that when they sell someone who has only one senior apearance for large money, then questions will be asked.

1 Like

Of all the questions that could be asked about them, selling young talent for decent but not obscene fees isn’t really high on the list in my opinion.

That lad Lavia they’ve just sold. Are people suggesting there’s something dodgy about that? From the little I’ve just read about him he seems to be a very highly rated young player. Played above his age group level nearly all the way through his City career. Played a central role in winning back to back youth league titles. Has moved to Southampton for an initial £10m and has a hefty buy back clause because City view him so highly, it’s just that he’s not ready to challenge Rodri and doesn’t have the experience yet to back him up.

Don’t see anything suspect about that. If they’d bought a kid like that from PSG or Barcelona then I don’t think there would be any questions about it.

2 Likes

Matteo Pessina from Atalanta to Moza on loan.
Colin Dagba from PSG to Strasbourg on loan.
Lois Openda from Club Brugge to Lens for £8.8m.
Tyler Roberts from Leeds to QPR on loan.
Brais Mendez from Celta to Sociedad for £13.5m.
Steve Mandanda from Marseille to Rennes on a free.
Moussa Niakhate from Mainz to Forest for £9m.
Anders Dreyer from Rubin Kazan to Midtjylland for £4.5m.

Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli to Toronto on a free.
Douglas Costa from Juventus to LA Galaxy on a free.
Hector Herrera from Atletico to Houston on a free.
Erik Thommy from Stuttgart to Kansas City on a free.
Nemanja Radonjic from Marseille to Torino on loan.
Cedric Brunner from Arminia to Schalke on a free.
Ivor Pandur from Hellas Verona to Fortuna Sittard on loan.
Fousseni Diabate from Trabzonspor to Partizan Belgrade on a free.

Luis Sinisterra from Feyenoord to Leeds for £22.5m.

You’re all aware that I’m not Bayern’s biggest fan but the way Barcelona have conducted their business with regards to signing big names makes me want to see them bankrupt. They will never learn, it’s just in their blood to take things public, unsettle players and unsettle their clubs. Kudos to Bayern for standing firm and for likely getting every last cent from them eventually.

2 Likes