Summer Transfer Window 2022

He’ll either be a total flop or an immense signing - I watched him in Europa League and he immediately caught my eye. Bundles of pace and trickery and his end product wasn’t bad at all.

“Did I say that last bit out loud?” :rofl:

1 Like

Lorenzo Colombo from Milan to Lecce on loan.
Sergio Asenjo from Villarreal to Real Valladolid on a free.
Jackson Muleka from Standard Liege to Besiktas for £3m.
Marrony from Midtjylland to Fluminense on loan, £360k.
Antonio Colak from PAOK to Rangers for £1.8m.

Flynn Downes from Swansea to West Ham for £9.5m.

So happy Gomez signed, we have the best and most stable back line in world football. Will make such a difference next season.

3 Likes

Joao Victor from Corinthians to Benfica for £7.6m.
Diego Rosa from City to Vizela on loan.
Martin Svidersky from United to Almeria on loan.
Erik Botheim from Krasnodar to Salernitana on loan.
Pepe Reina from Lazio to Villarreal on a free.
Steven Bergwijn from Tottenham to Ajax for £28.1m.

2 Likes

that is a lot of money for bergwijn. did they even pay that much for him? surely he should have decreased in value.

1 Like

Spurs signed him for £27m.

1 Like

hes been pretty non existent after a bright start IMO. so recouping their money is some great business… ajax must be expecting a windfall. perhaps united are going to pay £135m on tadic to replace ronaldo. He’s about the right age.

1 Like

Have no idea how Spurs managed to recoup pretty much what they paid for him, other than that crazy Leicester game where he scored 2 in stoppage time (which looking back you could say got them CL) what did he do in 3 years?

Then again they might be asking how we made 100% profit on Minamino and got 16-17m for Neco.

2 Likes

Ajax raised £45m from sales (Gravenberch, Kotarski and Haller) so far this summer, they will possibly sell more. Bergwijn is their first purchase.

2 Likes

More & more big name players heading over to the MLS

& I have no doubt some big European club will be snapping up that Joao Victor from Benfica next year for about 70m…their scouting in south americans is ridiculous.

Ionut Radu from Inter to Cremonese on loan.
Samuel Lino from Gil Vicente to Atletico Madrid for £5.8m.

Steven Bergwijn, proudly brought to you by Manchester United.

@Dutch

Is the correct pronunciation of the “wijn” names like wine the drink or win, the thing Everton never do? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

it is whine like ronaldo.

2 Likes

Widgn

Moses Odubajo from QPR to Aris on a free.
Juan Jose Perera from PAS Giannina to Stuttgart for £2.1m.
Jean Michel Seri from Fulham to Hull on a free.
Oscar Rodriguez from Sevilla to Celta on loan.

@cynicaloldgit will now be pronouncing it widgan like someone who doesn’t know to say wigan.

Neither you don’t know a hard ij in English the correct way is this:

1 Like