Summer Transfer Window 2022

He’s been on loan the last 2 years, amusing while playing for France for much of the time. It’s pretty impressive for Arsenal to have ended with a critically small squad, yet have 2 players representing France who they cannot make use of and had to send on loan (and look to sell permanently).

2 Likes

Hmm…who’s the other one?

I really liked Guendouzi the season he broke through at Arsenal. Hadn’t watched him since he left, and suddenly there was, playing for France. Still so young as well for a centre mid, recently turned 23 I see.

That’s severely overvaluing the club.

Oh sorry, you meant the player. My bad.

4 Likes

Saliba. They bought him and then immediately dismissed him. He’s been on loan for 3 years and made 5 appearances for France this past season in a position where they probably have the most competition all while Arsenal still needed new CBs and with no indication they’re going to bring him back. He’s probably only got one year left on his contract now.

4 Likes

I read we want to sign him in a free next summer, very unreliable though.

We want to sign an unreliable player?

Really ?

Again?

1 Like

One to chase, the other one to finish. :slight_smile:

The goalie isn’t an area I would have prioritised mind you they can flash the cash so does it matter.

3 Likes

Arsenal bid for Raphina rejected by Leeds.

The most Football Manager regen name I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Burak Yilmaz from Lille to Fortuna Sittard on a free.
Bryan Reynolds from Roma to Westerlo on loan.
Bosko Sutalo from Atalanta to Dinamo Zagreb for £3.6m.
Johann Lepenant from Caen to Lyon for £3.8m.
Jimmy Cabot from Angers to Lens for £1.8m.
Tyreece John-Jules from Arsenal to Ipswich on loan.
Tiago Dantas from Benfica to PAOK on loan.
Stefan Ilsanker from Eintracht to Genoa on a free.
Mika Biereth from Arsenal to Waalwijk on loan.
Gui from Vitoria Guimaraes to Almeria for £2.7m.
Jordi Osei-Tutu from Arsenal to Bochum on a free.
Juraj Kucka from Parma to Slovan Bratislava on a free.
Nick Pope from Burnley to Newcastle for £10.3m.

1 Like

I like Pope I dunno what they are planning to do with Dubravka.

I assume Darlow now goes, he is a bit 50/50 but if we were to lose one of ours I’d consider him.*

*though it looks like he will go as first choice to someone like Boro, though rumours about Man Utd :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like a battle who starts.

Dubravka has good style for Howe’s football and that experience of Newcastle.

Pope on the other hand probably displayed better quality and consistency in last years, but in a different style also.

I guess the one who merits the most on form will play/keep his position and they’ll have two proven options for this season. Maybe Pope gets a go early on to see if he can do it. Pre-season into start of the season.

Pope is a Magpie. :grinning::grinning:

Does this guy plans to keep playing till he’s 50 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It is a strange one for me as I don’t think Pope and Dubravka are all that different, in terms of their levels - more just different in their styles.

Pope is a solid, if unspectacular keeper, but is he a keeper you bank on to get you challanging, and ultimitely into Europe? I’m not 100% convinced he is

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a strange one. I thought maybe Dubravka would be phased out due to age, but he’s ‘only’ 33, which isn’t that old for a keeper, while Pope is already 30 (somehow). It feels a bit like when we had Dudek and Kirkland, two quite even keepers but a fair bit of confusion internally about who was no1 which didn’t ultimately help either of them.

1 Like

Could be injuries, I get the feeling Dubravka has missed a fair few games? Otherwise it might be that the squad needs more English players?

Only missed 6 games this past season, apparently. Did miss 16 the season before with injury, but then it’s only a couple of seasons since Pope had an injury that kept him out most of the season, so again it feels like they’re pretty even in that regard.

Also, they have an awful lot of English players already:

1 Like