Summer Transfer Window 2022

I’m quite liking the business the North London clubs are doing so far but they’ve got so many areas they need to address. Even if Arsenal get Gabriel Jesus or Scamaca they still need to add some steel to their midfield.

Spurs feel short all over. An ok 1st XI but zero depth, particularly at CF and in defence.

1 Like

Spurs right now, more or less:

Lloris
Romero Dier XXYY
Spence(?) Bentancur Hojbjerg Perisic
Kulusevski Kane Son

Forster
Rodon Sanchez Davies
Doherty Skipp Bissouma Sessegnon
Lucas Scarlett XXYY

I think it’s okay, with a few more signings to arrive. I expect certainly a left sided CB and an attacker. Spence should be their new RWB signing. Potentially another more offensive minded midfielder.

Other players are there available to go, but if they stay for whatever reasons, they could be involved. Likes of Tanganga, Emerson, Reguilon, Winks, Sarr, Lo Celso, Gil, Clarke, Bergwijn.

1 Like

@Zoran has there been any rumours in Croatia about Gvardiol? Could be a good fit for either Tottenham or Chelsea, but I guess Leipzig are reluctant to sell.

A little bit in last months, but not much in last days/weeks from what I’ve seen.

I think Alasdair Gold said that he’s high on Tottenham’s list alongside Bastoni, but both seem unlikely to happen for them.

Recently listened to a podcast with Gvardiol’s agent and he said that he thinks he could move in the next year or two, possibly more likely in the summer of 2023 for big money move to a top club.

Will be interesting to follow, right now he plays as a LCB in a back 3. He’ll be a certain starter for Croatia at LCB in a back 4 at the World Cup, so that’s where he might grab even more attention.

Chelsea immediately made sense to me as well, when I was thinking about who could target/buy him. But not sure if it happens this summer already after his first season at Leipzig.

For now, I think the best for him is to remain calm/patient (he was wanted by Leeds when he left Dinamo, but opted to go to Leipzig because of their pathway/know how with young players, etc.), not rush to a place like Tottenham because soon there might be an even better opportunity out there.

2 Likes

Henderson on loan to Nottingham forest from utd.

If I’m honest I think Lloris is a massive weakness for them. And you say defence isn’t great.

I would say Bissouma should be in the starting XI instead of Hojbjerg.

I’m just going for now, Hojbjerg is tried and tested, just to make a picture of their 22 players right now. What happens next season and how certain positions/starters evolve, I have no idea, we’ll see when Bissouma starts playing for Tottenham.

Tough Phillips is not a bad player he sure is not Fernandinho

1 Like

I’m less concerned than I am intrigued by it. It’s not one that makes a ton of sense to me so Im interested to see either how Pep approaches games differently this year or Phillips gets to show me I’ve misunderstand what he is as a footballer.

2 Likes

BREAKING: Newcastle have had a £39m offer accepted by Lille for Sven Botman

So… Schar and Botman are likely to be their CB partnership. Burn to be Botman’s backup and probably Lascelles to be Schar’s backup.

1 Like

Perfect place for Minamino

Monaco?

Reports now that a deal for Jesus to go to Arsenal has been agreed. I think that’s a pretty good deal for them.

2 Likes

That XXYY must be quite a player if he can play LCB and LF (albeit at a lower level). :rofl:

1 Like

Philip Zinckernagel from Watford to Olympiacos for £1.8m.
Jose Luis Morales from Levante to Villarreal on a free.
Kilian Ludewig from RB Leipzig to Aalborg on loan.
Ibrahim Dresevic from Heerenveen to Karagumruk on a free.
Nestor Araujo from Celta to America for £2.7m.
Jens Odgaard from Sassuolo to AZ for £3.6m.
Lucas Alario from Leverkusen to Eintracht for £5.4m.
Enzo Fernandez from River to Benfica for £9m.
Zakaria Aboukhlal from AZ to Toulouse for £1.8m.

1 Like

Taiwo Awoniyi was settled and was doing well at Union. What’s more, Union themselves are a settled, if not an upwardly mobile, team. Now he has to adjust to a new country/league and team, and a team that will most likely spend its time in the relegation battle. It would have made sense if he had chosen Wolves or Southampton.

4 Likes