Takumi Minamino (FW) to Monaco

Not sure about that. He was bloody brilliant against us, certainly had the ability and attitude before he joined. He didn’t come in from the other side of the world either so not that much of a culture shock.

2 Likes

I don’t think we fleeced them, he took some time but is now a key player for them.

He was always a slow burner, his 29 goals and 7 assists shows there is a player in there. Be interesting to see if he can do 15+ in the premiership now he’s older.

5 Likes

Wow, had no idea Solanke had such a good season last year. They definitely got value from that, compared to Brewster to Sheff United…

Only their non-french players are exempt. French nationals still have to pay regular french income tax. A the peak of their spending, they were being pushed to move their operational headquarters to the mainland to normalize their tax situation, but agreed a deal with the league to pay a one time fee in the tends of million to keep it in Monaco and retain their special tax status I dont know if that was considered the final word on it, but it does seem that with Rybolovlev’s lesser involvement and their spending falling it is less of a pressing issue to solve.

1 Like

While it might be funny in the short term to think of selling our cast offs for big money and them doing nothing, that isn’t sustainable in the long term and we’ll end up in a position where clubs are a bit wary of speculating on our players.

We’ve probably needed a few to make a bit of an impact. Solanke, Awoniyi and Harry Wilson doing well this year helps us out a bit.

I wouldn’t be adverse to Taki and Neco William’s bossing it at their new clubs if that makes clubs think there are good deals to be found at LFC.

8 Likes

Ibe really did surprise me how poor he did, Solanke has done a very similar trajectory to Bamford.

1 Like

Ibe has been struggling with mental health.

@Mascot Lucas, Alberto, Reina, Aspas, Suso did well after leaving Liverpool.

5 Likes

feel for the Taki, a decent lad, unfortunately things didn’t work out him. Probably a little too lightweight for the PL, but he didn’t hide when called up to play. I was disappointed that he didn’t get to play in the F.A. Cup final considering his goals contribution got us there.
Wishing him success in Monaco and the rest of his career and life.
Domo Arigato Minaminosan

4 Likes

I never thought Ibe was particularly special and after the departure of Sterling too much pressure and hype was placed on him.

2 Likes

Probably what led to his situation, I do think the kid had something special, but yeah it’s the issue with too much too young.

1 Like

As they say over here, otsukare samadeshita (thank you for all your hard work), Ta-kun.

2 Likes

Same here. He probably could have gotten better under Klopp but he wouldnt be anywhere close to sterling.

Nope. Just a lower premier league winger with pace and no brains. Selling him to bournemouth was great business.

1 Like

Sorry to see him go,seemed like a nice lad,didn’t kick up like some and of course his age probably helped,in letting him go.
Best of luck at Monaco,Taki!

3 Likes

It’s official

7 Likes
5 Likes

All the best, defo the best Japenese player to have worn the famous red.

4 Likes

That or a really bad photoshop job.

Worth the fee alone for the late equaliser against Leicester after they’d be singing all their bile.

His best moment in a red shirt.

6 Likes

YNWA Taki.

I’ll never forget your performance against us at Anfield when you were with Salzburg

1 Like