TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

Presto is getting arse wiped by Marvin Gaye!

1 Like

And rightly so

The 2 bored me to death so I’m listening to ‘Hotel California’ now. :grin:

Anyone claiming Presto is better than Hemispheres or Signals or even Snakes and Arrows is being contrarian. Presto is a fine album, but it’s just not even close to their best.

Are you saying I should try listening to some more RUSH?

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

I’ll just finish listening to Swans ‘Filth’ 1990 re-release on Young God records and will put on some Rush whilst I prepare and eat a bowl of rice.

1 Like

Snakes and Arrows? Really? Bloody awful!

Started with Hemispheres 40th annerversary that I found much better than Presto even if contrite and constipated. Then found the ‘original’ version, what a difference, it was a lot more open and ‘natural’ much better and intelligible!
So I’m going to have to put Signals off until the real version has finished.

Yes they are, singer who sounds like his pants are too tight and classic Metal transistions …

If it’s not metal what is it?

Prog-rock or Stoner-rock.

People do tend to throw the term ‘metal’ around far to easily, like any Eurovision entry with an electric guitar gets classified as metal :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Not at all in either these grouping imo.
What’s wrong with them being labelled Metal? :crazy_face:

Just think it’s a bit lazy If in doubt just call it ‘rock’ and avoid embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

It’s you who’s embarrassing themselves with prog-rock and stoner-rock nonsense!

Rush are universally considered to be one of the top examples of the Prog genre.

3 Likes

Season 20 Book GIF by The Simpsons

THE. There is no consideration.

And here’s a prime example of stoner rock.

I’ve been thinking for a while about asking you and @koptician for a DNA test - I’m almost certain we’re related, the only difference is that I suck at actually playing the guitar!

The best!!!

1 Like

Quick reminder that voting closes at 20:00 today.

1 Like