The Anfield Noise - Users

Maybe a marathon

Just found the ideal opponents - TAN select Xl will have no problem going toe to toe with this lot
Might need Matty in goal and move @Flobs to left back just to be sure though :0)

Britain’s worst football team has a -191 goal difference and midfielder aged 73

Welsh football side Cwm Albion FC have officially been crowned as ‘Britain’s Best Worst Team’ by Specsavers, with the club having played and lost all of their 21 games last term
The side who play in the Swansea Senior League have been going for 100 years after being founded in 1912. However, they have not enjoyed their football in recent seasons.

Last term, they shipped a monstrous 200 goals, losing all of their games, finishing up with a goal difference of minus 191. One away match in particular saw them thumped 25-0.

And with results like that, it’s easy to see why goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald has not kept a clean sheet in 10 years. They are also fielding a 73-year-old, John Rees, in midfield too

“Despite the knock-backs, each week we turn up and put our hearts into every game, and we lost 10-nil the other day so that says a lot,” explained Gil. “I’ve been involved since I was 16 and my dad, Colin, has been part of Cwm Albion for more than 50 years. We really are a family.”

Got to admire their grit and determination eh
Note the 73yr old midfielder still wearing his Stanley Matthews boots :0)

6 Likes

A reminder that football is essentially a game and meant to be fun.

A lot of people forget that.

6 Likes

Is Moaning Mo on TAN? :joy:

1 Like

I swear most of the calls they get on Talk Shite are employed by TS to drive up controvicy to get the public calling in

1 Like

He must be the Utd equivalent of Mubsy :0)

2 Likes

“And here’s our next caller: Suella, from Fareham”

3 Likes

Fixed

3 Likes

Sue Ellen

Reminds me of when I spent a few months in Ghana in 2010, right after the World Cup. I brought it up with some of the locals there thinking they’d be delighted to talk about their fairytale run (that’s the one that ended with Suarez handballing it on the goalline).

To my surprise they were not happy at all. Apparently they fully expected to win the World Cup. I was also informed, much to my surprise, that Asamoah Gyan was the best striker in the world.

3 Likes

What was the name of that old Citeh bloke that git stroppy with Robbie Savage?

Champagne comedy that.

*got

Freudian slip.

Statman Gaz.

‘ang on Robbie’

Just catching up with the middle east thread drama - very disappointing.

@wyld.at.hrt is a huge loss to the forum. Hopefully he will have a change of mind.

6 Likes

I’m surprised you didnt post this before SBYM asked the question…

Hello Sot
I am sort of okay, had a freak accident a few days ago, i tripped and fell on uneven pavement curve on the way to my GP surgery, hit my head on, was in A and E. Luckily no fractured cheek bone or dislocated shoulder and i still have most of my teeth. My head is okay, no other symptoms. Just bruised on one side of me

Sorry, i was away for a while, needed a break for a while.

I am rearing to go, albeit slowly.

8 Likes

That sound awful. Get well soon. :pray:

3 Likes

It was scary, because i was disorientated, there was a passer by who kindly helped me to the surgery. It was a good job i was on the way to the GP.:smiley:.

1 Like

That sounds awful. Hope you get better soon @Maria

2 Likes

Hope everthing is healing well…

3 Likes