The Anfield Noise - Users

Klopptimist was the cream??
For fuck sake, if you want likes you will have to try a bit harder…
He was cream…
Fucking sour cream.

2 Likes

So only Klopptimist has left? Wow I must be going mad. :joy:

1 Like

It is still sad in some ways but ultimately if people fall out on here, where nothing is consequential beyond ego masterbation or bashing, we come across as fickle and fragile as a community.

I gave you a like there
Can we be friends

There are many people here I constantly disagree with, but whose departure would genuinely make me feel as though it’s a loss.

There are some though (not @anon59854308) whose departure would genuinely improve the forum quality.

1 Like

the post in question was mascots ‘joke’ about fally down alot/James Madison/kid with cerabal palsy…

and then the double down GIF

yeah, i agree, i think its in very pour taste

EDIT…****** the joke was originally made by Sweeting with the GIF by Mascot…i just skimmed it and saw the two blue Avatars…my bad.

point remains though, i think the joke is in bad taste…like all ‘comedy’ its hard to know exactly where the line is and hard for Mods to put a definition…but to me, this one is over it.

2 Likes

I have pm’d @anon59854308 to understand if the joke was the reason he is leaving the forum. Also to make sure that he understands that deleting his account is permanent.

What I would encourage people to do if they are unhappy with a post or unhappy with the forum is PM admin or a mod. Report posts. If the first thing we hear is a post in this thread its typically too late. I would also urge individuals to self-reflect. We have lost couple of good posters recently, but this was largely down to non-football reasons (religion and politics with conflict in Gaza). Thats regrettable.

We have functionalities to ignore threads, ignore posters, use them !

Two things I would like to say though.

I categorically reject @JohnBarnes10 view. I dont belive there is a better Liverpool community. This forum has been running nearly four years. In that time we have only had to suspend 3 posters. 2 of which were the same person, the other a rival fan. We have grown to a community of over 500 posters (Daily engaged users hovering between 100 and 140 this week as an example). I wont criticise other platforms (besides Facebook/twitter/reddit) but for me this is the best (even if I am biased)

I would also say that we also dont want this place to be sterile. Sometimes jokes will fall flat, if you say something dumb or insulting its OK for people to make jokes. Take the piss. We should be able to laugh it off.

This is a community not everyone in here you will agree with or like. However the main reason we come on this forum is we support liverpool. We are fucking top of the league. Enjoy the ride ! Thake the ups and downs.

12 Likes

Yeah but ultimately it is a shame that individuals take that route. It feels like a temporary disturbance in the force more than anything else. There is an equilibrium, it get rocked and then it settles back to pretty much the same as before. Generally voices and viewpoints that leave get replaced and we return to the previous status quo…

yeah…nah…

its not overly sensitive to have an issue with it…

1 Like

Notice the upturn in Gravenberch and Gakpo’s form now they aren’t being slagged off every day?

1 Like

star wars GIF

@Mods we need soem new blood to replace all these rage quitting posters.

Can I suggest a recruitment drive @4chan and @X could really take this place to the ‘neds level’?

Helpfully yours,

1 Like

I’m going to take this opportunity to retire from TAN and beg the mods to delete my account.

Bunch of fucking divas is what youse are. Grow up.

If they’re anything like my wife that ain’t gonna work…

Your wife is Bonus?

No my wife won’t let me out of chastity, regardless of begging

I am not a regular poster but have been reading the forum for a long long time. Almost on a daily basis.

Back during the TIA days we had the “Banned thread”. We had numerous accounts of HFT polluting the place. Then we had SMTM, MR “the guy who still today could name 100 managers better than Klopp”, and many more others. The Mods spent a lot of time moderating and throwing people out.

Now at TAN there are handful of instances where someone had to be kicked out. That clearly shows that the quality of posters/posting has been far better since we moved to new home.

Then there is the problem of off-topic discussions. Although we are all tied by a single thread called LFC, we get to discuss anything and everything under the sun. Coming from different backgrounds (country, culture, language, religion etc), there is bound to be disagreement. Not to ignore things lost in translation. Here again, the mods have shown maximum restraint by not banning people left, right and centre. I think TAN is a lot more tolerant than other places, which is indicated by the fact that people have got the option to leave rather than getting kicked out.

I fully respect if someone decides to leave. Its their personal choice. But there is a better option of taking the discussion to the mods for clarity. If you are here then there is a reason. Your posts are being read by many other posters and not all disagree with you? Did everyone else flag your post?

As a regular reader of this forum, I love the different opinions put here. Lets not start leaving the place just for a person/post or two, ending up making this place an echo chamber. Lets have our opinions, agree to disagree if needed, not take it personally and move on. Obviously assuming it’s personal opinion and not direct insults at others.

Just my take on my experience reading TIA and now TAN.

And by the way @PeachesEnRegalia , if you reply TLDR, you are a cunt. Of the highest order.

11 Likes

It’s also worth remembering that the users are spread fairly internationally so it’s possible that something that is funny to one person is lost on another, simply because we don’t share the same cultural references.

The best advice if someone has been personally offended by something is to apologise. Even if a posting was “playing the ball, not the player” it can still hurt if it lands wrong.

8 Likes

Nah. Tell them to fuck off and stop being a snowflake.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

1 Like