The Anfield Noise - Users

In exactly 14days time, we will be discussing the first ever PL team selection of one Mr Arne Slot
Who is opening the match thread…? and when…? :0) Can’t wait

4 Likes

Are you volunteering?

Not me… I defer to my betters :0)

I’ll do that.

2 Likes

Any mention of korma or brinjal and you’re gone.

4 Likes

Where’s @GermanRed ?

1 Like

In bed, recovering from giving likes to me and @The-AllMightyReds

5 Likes

Not bothered who takes responsibility for the first game in a new era, but, if it is @Sithbare - here is some valuable information :0)

The Pieoneers – Two humble patriots set out to taste every pie in football. (wordpress.com)

They do a curry pie at Ipswich Town (Portman Road) :rofl:

Portman Road

The chicken balti was delightful. I’m sensing somewhat of a correlation between my enjoyment of each pie and the amount of alcohol I’ve consumed, though this could just be a coincidence… In any case, the balti actually contained loads and loads and loads of aubergine, chicken and veg (it’s not too uncommon to be mystified concerning the whereabouts of your meat in a ‘meat’ pie), which combined with the slight spicy kick made for an enjoyable half-time treat, even if I barely made it back to my seat for the second half due to the absolute chaos that is the lower north stand concourse. You’d think that the club/staff would learn how to deal with the obvious demand of punters at half time after a complete and utter shambles during the first few games of the season. Alas, we’re not all blessed with common sense.

I’ve always considered a chicken balti pie to be a strange concept, but it’s definitely a wise choice.

Rating: 8

2 Likes

My rating: 10.

For using “aubergine”.

1 Like

I’m hungry reading this…

1 Like

Anyone heard from @Flobs -
Hope he is not in nick for putting that ex-hotel-manager of his, in a head-lock :0)

3 Likes

@Klopptimist missing too.
Wasn’t him who got his arse bit by a police dog was it?

8 Likes

From QI:

The Italian word for aubergine, melanzana, comes from its early name ‘mela insane’ meaning ‘insane apple’.

@Iftikhar @cynicaloldgit @Sithbare @Alright_Now_Legend

2 Likes

Reposting on this thread now.

6 Likes

It’s peak holiday season so I expect some users have better things to do, especially when there are no matches on.

Unlike us :0)

4 Likes

What could be better than spending time on TIA?

4 Likes

Spending time on TAN?

11 Likes

Haha @aussielad

Yeah, I’ll wear that.

I deserve it.

1 Like