The Anfield Noise - Users

Adventure. Excitement.

A Jedi craves not these things.

7 Likes

This red one does.

3 Likes

What are the different colours on the category section???, (you can tell I’m not very technical.)

1 Like

Just a way of breaking up the page.

Liverpool categories (The Albert, Rumour mill, Melwood and world wide reds) = Red

Other football (pitchside, cruyff turn) black

Non football (site feedback, away end, other sport) purple

3 Likes

Thanks mate for sorting this for me. :blush:

I was wondering the same but wasn’t asking because some poster might replied with Howling 20 characters :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I did it first :sunglasses:

So out of interest then is TAN going to replicate TIA with news articles and various other goings on or is TAN just a forum and new news articles etc?

It will be the forum only. TIA the website with news etc. will continue to exist.

1 Like

For now, right mods? World domination to follow…

1 Like

Could we have another version of the banner welcome message, to be used when someone has to leave us?

This is the last time @Jimmyscase will be posting – let’s wish him well

2 Likes

Leaving??? :flushed:
Why!!! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

So are the sites linked then?

We have no ties at all to TIA. Completely independent.

When the Mods heard that TIA was closing the forums, we wanted an alternative home for the community rather than simply let it die. We are just a group of fans/friends who set this up.

Because we are not connected to TIA, that meant transferring any information, be it forum licences or personal information(GDPR) became hurdles. That is why we started afresh.

Once we made that decision it became a question do we buy Xenforo (the software to replicate look and feel of TIA) at a cost of $200 (with yearly renew costs). Or do we try alternative software solution and try become more modern. We tried about 8 or 9 different types of forum software and we settled on Discourse. Primarily because the software was free, worked well on mobile phones, was feature rich and felt generally like a step forward.

Matt and Max of TIA were brilliant owners, supported us for years. But by starting afresh it gave us an opportunity to try new things. Many of these things are still to come :wink:

23 Likes

Cool, not knocking it. I like the new place.

2 Likes

Wut???

Please explain!

1 Like

I just let a moment take hold of me, but I’m alright now…

3 Likes

Not happening. No worries. Thanks for the cconcern

4 Likes

Good to hear!!!

Take care of yourself.

1 Like
9 Likes

After getting used to this, I like this uncluttered UI more now.

3 Likes