The British Royal Family

Celtic is a traditionally catholic club with strong cultural ties to Ireland and the Irish. What is expressed by this incident goes beyond the more straight forward Scottish issue.

4 Likes

I donā€™t fancy them, either. Theyā€™re all mingers.

1 Like

What is being expressed, in your opinion?

there a bunch of fucking wankers the lot of them and they revel in any thing anti establishment,
and anything that winds up the Gers fan (who are no angels themselves)

the thing is, every match that was played this weekend did a minutes silence,
(there was 1 at the game i was at, and not a sound was heard during the minutes silence)

but everyone knew the Celtic fans wouldnt respect the minutes silence
so a decision was made that this game would have a minutes applause instead,

then the Celtic fans do this,

they are 1 half of Scotland Shame, but they will still argue they have a justifiable clause to there actions, then they complain everyone hates them and is against them

Celtic FC offended by everything, embarrassed by nothing

5 Likes

Our moment of silence against Ajax lasted 24 seconds and had booing during it.Iā€™d hazard a guess that at least part of the crowd who were silent were only silent due to the request made by both Kenny and Jurgen.

7 Likes

I get what your saying (and @cynicaloldgit ) but Celtic are at odds with everyoneā€¦

SFA, Scottish Goverment, UK Goverment, UEFA, Scottish Mediaā€¦

I think Kenny and Jurgen are wise. They see the way the deck looks stacked against the club sometimes, and Iā€™m sure didnā€™t want booing fans to invite further prejudice against LFC and the city itself.

The booing/protesting fans would not have cared, but there is a sense in which we can be our own worst enemy, and sometimes, even if right, one can be wrong.

6 Likes

The better person (used to be man) always walks away.

5 Likes

Booing at the Everton game as well.Since there are a number of different clubs fans doing it,maybe there is more to the booing than just being at odds with everyone.

3 Likes

Said by the very offended person.

That nonsense phrase is usually reserved for anti-scouse hate.

3 Likes

Been interesting to note some of the goings on from afar. David Beckham standing in the many hours long line to pay respects. No special privileges for OBEā€™s, I guess. Or maybe anything to get away from Posh for a few hours.

Also, Frank Lampard on the touchline wearing a black suit and tie today. As soon as ā€œGod Save the Kingā€ was sung, the tie came off.

Yep. Itā€™s plain that the wall to wall coverage fails to capture the fact that the royal family are far from universally liked nor is the forced ā€˜mourningā€™ of the natural death of a very privileged old lady when the problems faced by many are ignored something appreciated by many.

1 Like

And so dawns the day. RIP Maā€™am.

4 Likes

The day? Weā€™ve already had ten of them.

ā€œAre we there yet?ā€

4 Likes

Once again
Can you elaborate on what you mean here?
Not for argument, just for clarity.

Yet more controversy! Seems like (at least amongst Australian Indigenous activists) not everyone is prepared to put memorialising QEII above all else.

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that the above wouldnā€™t be what the Queen would have wanted either. Maybe Charles will say something?

2 Likes

RIP HM Elizabeth II. Thank you for all you have given to the nation.

What a beautiful and magnificent order of service.
The musical arrangement and hymns are excellent.

5 Likes

I am glad. Logistically, it is impossible to get every singl state sovereign in an individual car, to show off that they attended the Queenā€™s funeral.

1 Like

So is this funeral just basically a whole day of soldiers marching across London until they reach her place of burial?