The British Royal Family

There was a rapid decline following the death of Prince Philip. In the photo of her with Liz Truss I was particularly concerned about the colour of her hand. I remarked to my wife how overseeing the death of the Queen would likely be one of Truss’ first duties as PM.

1 Like

Yep, bruised and knackered.

This is so good, thanks mate for posting.

1 Like

RIP. The only Queen I have known - and she gave it all to serve her people, that must be respected.

I’ve never particularly been a fan of the Royal Family, especially the last 4-5 years, but I’ve always had a lot of respect for her giving everything.

I’ve carried more pictures of Queen Elizabeth II in my wallet than any of my ex gf’s or wife.

8 Likes

When her face is plastered on all bank notes, you have little choice.

5 Likes

On the currency.

1 Like

I’m enjoying all the clout chasers posting the most incredibly mundane stories about the Queen and getting thousands of likes from it.

1 Like

I’ve read comments about how this isn’t unusual in older people, especially if they’ve had IV drips.

Fuck me. No wonder Nazi Germany was able to occupy the Channel Islands so easily

Duke of Sussex’s children now entitled to prince and princess titles

Sean Coughlan

BBC News, royal correspondent

Archie and Lilibet, the children of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are now entitled to be called prince and princess.

They can receive those titles as the children of the new monarch’s son.

A lack of royal titles was raised as an issue of contention in Prince Harry and Meghan’s TV interview with Oprah Winfrey.

But the two children can now be a prince and princess, although there is no confirmation about whether the titles will be used.

There are other changes to titles. Prince William and Kate are now the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge, with the heir not automatically becoming the Prince of Wales.

Trent and Robbo’s crosses against Napoli had more power than this, and those didn’t even beat the first man!

Just heard another blinder. Apparently she drove to collect a visiting Saudi dignitary and gave him quite the swift ride to prove that women can drive. Hope it’s true!

2 Likes

That’s true. Has been posted yesterday.

Here we are @Klopptimist

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1567881687303864320?s=20&t=Sj-X8BwqbXcZsnpypsvDkg

8 Likes

Apparently as/when he was getting bounced around due to her going too fast down the narrow tracks… he got his translator to ask her to slow down… please
She just laughed and carried on with the ride from hell :0)

2 Likes

Apologies if it has already been posted… but it made me laugh

3 Likes

Well, this wasn’t at all awkward

Obviously this model of Truss hasn’t received the curtsey upgrade.

until yesterday I’d forgotten I have a coronation set of encyclopaedia brittanica from 1953…

3 Likes

I hope they chatted about climate change.

4 Likes

William and Kate now officially Prince and Princess of Wales

3 Likes

Is this the history she appreciates?

Prince of Wales, a title reserved exclusively for the heir apparent to the British throne. It dates from 1301, when King Edward I, after his conquest of Wales and execution (1283) of David III, the last native prince of Wales, gave the title to his son, the future Edward II.