The British Royal Family

Have I mentioned that I HATE her?

Yeah but worth repeating

2 Likes

(Ducks for cover)

That sucked you right in, but dont worry I thought it was weird as well.

2 Likes

From memory, one of Blair’s early duties was to oversee the death of Diana.

1 Like

Yes, happened about 2 months after he became PM, I think.

1 Like

I guess It’s the wrong thread, but if I was British I would have greatly prefered her to Johnson and Truz (when choosing amongst those Tories only). She just lacked charisma and had a fantastically difficult job post referrendum.

2 Likes

She’s a very underrated politician who had the hardest brief of any PM in my lifetime. Ultimately it got the better of her, which is a shame because, as you say, in different times (such as now) she could have really delivered as a PM.

2 Likes

She’s a Tory. She would only have delivered for the 1%

1 Like

Over It Reaction GIF by filmeditor

Oh come on, they sold off the NHS years ago too.

1 Like

The difference in the ability to deliver a speech between Charles and Truss is remarkable.

3 Likes

How do you become PM with no concept of public speaking??? I appreciate that people hated Cameron and May (and I despise Blair) but they could all “hold court” so to speak. They could be engaging public orators. Truss is ironically a lump of wood who’s currently only just managing to keep a roof over the nation’s heads.

Must not get into politics, must not…….

1 Like

Are we going to fuck up this topic with politics too?

2 Likes

Point taken.

So… a republic. How should we go about it? Another Brexit style effort with a campaign encouraging a vote for “Kinexit means freedom” and stuff the constitutional niceties or do we put forward some sort of reasoned, nuanced and incremental process moving toward a non-hereditary head of state?

Now I’ve just been reminded that this isn’t the place…… Open a suitable thread after her funeral if you wish.

She’s dead. In Australia we’ve had the position after 1999 that we’d redebate the question once “Lizzies in a box” as the Shamrock Rovers fans so delicately put it.

Ergo this is the place.

From my cousin:

Speaking to mum this afternoon, she was telling me about the time she and Dad met the Queen and Prince Phillip on the Royal Yacht Britannia. We also had another look at the telegram card mum and dad got from the Queen on their diamond wedding anniversary :heart:

It’s not what you know.