The British Royal Family

Of course, that sort of oppression hasn’t been at the direction of the monarchy for centuries.

Yes and some quite hypocritical behavior from some people who have been getting thinly veiled digs in regarding the death of a national icon but were devastated after a celebrity chef killed themself.

If you didn’t like someone or what they stood for and they die, then best to keep that to yourself or in personal conversations rather than boldly rushing to the internet to make sure everybody knows that you’re rather glad they are dead.

It’s also very why anybody who doesn’t really care about it would post so many times in this thread instead, since there is no football either, of just spending some time with their family.

2 Likes

Way ahead of you. I haven’t even met someone that met her.

Personally I am rather ambivalent.

She is 96 and her passing is totally normal. In the last few years we have had so much death (young and old) you become numb to it.

I don’t care for the days of our lives soap opera (daily mail/Oprah stuff) but do appreciate the charity work. Whilst I believe monarchy should remain politically neutral I do think that during the las 5 years they failed in their role when needed. There were times where the queen could have made a difference. Exerted political pressure in a neutral way. Helped maintain integrity of our parliament. Instead the royal family has been caught up in Meghan and Harry and Prince Andrew scandals.

For me we should celebrate her life, than mourn her passing. For me she is someone that dedicated her life to charities. I applaud that. She largely acted with integrity. She was personification of the image the UK wishes to portray.

2 Likes

mate, i know where you are coming from, i considered leaving TAN a while back,

but then i blocked Kopstar, Mascott, Magnus, Wee joe, klopptimist, Kloppinho, wyld.at.hrt, Limiescouse, ZB, Mattymurst, MViper, German red, Dutch Illock, Redalways, koptician, Cologne-Liverpool, ISMF, Commando, Fgred, Walshy07, Redwhippet, Bekloppt, cynicalodgit, Sweeting, Rambler, Jabu Pre, SportBilly1966, Hope.in.your.heart, Kone, Livvy, aussielad, redoverthewater, ifikhar, SBYM, PeachesEnregalia, and Maria

and all of a sudden i felt this forum got better!

chin up pal,

hope to see you back soon…

4 Likes

Just you and @Thomas1195 having a great time

1 Like

How could you block Ifti and Maria? They are pure and beautiful souls and I’ll fight anyone who dares say otherwise!

1 Like

What annoys me is I wasn’t first in the list. Must move further to the right…….

1 Like

Does that make me furthest right? I prefer most right.

You and your hobbies :joy::joy::joy:

Yes, there has been some truly deranged stuff in American media in the past week, claiming Elizabeth ordered her troops to do such and such…

I genuinely think there is some merit to this. In Canada, we have been choosing Governors-General for a good long time, and for a purely ceremonial role, we have managed to fuck it up quite frequently in recent times - so much so that the one before the current had to resign in disgrace.

3 Likes

Frankly, redbj and I think it is a bit creepy how you listen in on our private discussions.

I have deleted the entire diversion. If you think the post is disrespectful, I would suggest you refrain from posting batshit conspiracy theorist videos in the future, because they will and should provoke a response.

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

OK

1 Like

The queen dies and we end up with red text in her thread. (No disrespect @Arminius)

Need Britain tremble.

Can’t believe I missed all the fun.

Getting back on track by being confrontational? This is the thread to discuss the death of the queen. Not to argue about petty matters. As above, if you can’t say something nice, just leave it. Happy to take this discussion elsewhere but not here and not today.

1 Like

Saw some scots clapping her off!