The Central Midfield Thread

I’m sorry but They are running all over our midfield and defense, you will not win anything when that happens

Respectfully disagree. The back four is as leaky as hell when pressure is put upon it and we now have no reliable DM to protect it. See? Weaker.

How is that different from last season?

I see the knee-jerking has started…

5 Likes

So they’re running over our midfield that contains £100m worth of new signings and the answer is we need to spend more money?

I wonder if maybe the issue is the tactics rather than the players? Or maybe it’s pre-season and we should have learned by now not to read too much into these games.

You mean the bloke everyone seems to have been pretty glad to see the back of who left us two days ago hasn’t yet been replaced? My word how will we cope. I mean, if you ignore all the evidence to the contrary we don’t even seem to be trying to replace him either.

2 Likes

As things stand, my best guess is we will complete the deal for Lavia after a bit more haggling, probably around the 45M mark, maybe with a loan player thrown in to tide them over.

Ideally we would have done the deal earlier, like Mac and Dom, but we were not in control of all the variables.

We will continue to do groundwork on Andre, possibly signing him in January with one eye on Thiago’s exit in summer 2024.

That’s my best guess on how the midfield might pan out, but who knows?!

I would really like to see us sign a central defender too, but I’m not sure if we will complete that business this summer. If we don’t, we are vulnerable in that area.

I will not stand for this Queer erasure.

New unnamed player who hasnt even been signed yet OUT

1 Like

Fabinho might as well not been on the pitch on too many occasions last season. He was done. A lack of defensive midfield options cost us a CL place last time imo. We simply lost control of midfield. A lot. That exposed our defence, and we shipped far too many goals. But that was all self-evident surely?

‘Trying to replace’? Yes, but ‘signally without success’ you might have added.

Anyhoo, the Chelsea game will show us how things stand in midfield and defence. I’m not that optimistic but we’ll see.

If don’t see that this squad needs help from outside and think it is mostly due to tactics you should go for a job at the FSG PR department.

Good luck and have a nice day

Our forward line not pressing effectively and a defence not stepping up were factors in that.

You bolded out the wrong word.

I agree. Hence the reason we’re trying to address it. But there is also a clear argument to say the sum was lesser than the parts for a lot of last season and that has to fall on the manager.

Did I say we didn’t need more business? No.

Are we trying to do more business? Yes.

Does the manager need to shoulder some of the blame for last year? Absolutely.

Your petty little FSG PR dig just weaken your point. Try to be better than that.

No it does not but you are not smart enough

All you’ve done all day in every thread is moan.

Clearly you’re in a mood to vent rather than have any constructive conversations. I’ll leave you to have your meltdown, just like I do my toddler. She’s not worth talking to during a tantrum either.

1 Like

Interesting that Reddy said the ideal scenario would be to get both Lavia and Andre (or players of both profiles) + a defender. But of course, ideal scenarios in transfer markets, with less than a month to go, are rare.

2 Likes

Where has she said that? Her recent tweet said we’re looking at two profiles. It didnt say that means we’re looking to bring in one of both and didnt mention anything about CBs and I’ve done a run through of her twitter feed and cannot find anything that was said alluding to this earlier.

1 Like

Oh yeaaaaaah, I bet you have Limie you cheeky little minx.

How many times over lad? :wink:

Don’t you lie to me now!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1686755060401782786?s=20

Us? Doubt it. Pretty silly for the club bidding to match Chelseas offer that was rejected…so probably us :laughing:

We know it wasn’t Arsenal, they would have bid £80m+£1

If it were us, we would have offered £50mil+ £20mil in add-ons +Tyler Morton.