The Central Midfield Thread

what about this, then? our new #6?

1 Like

He is more like Alonso, I think

Both Mascherano and Alonso played in a double pivot and didnt have a high backline that we have now.

1 Like

Lavia and Andre both needed to even challenge for top 4.
Edit and two central defenders.

We nearly finished in 4th with the worst midfield play in decades. We’ve bought two guaranteed starters to replace those two who were embarrassingly bad in their final season for us. I don’t see any reason why getting 4th would be harder this time around.

2 Likes

We need more players, a couple of injuries and we are in serious trouble, our CD are one of the lowest in numbers in the premier league, probably the lowest. Thursday’s and Sundays is very demanding, one game a week is enough for Virgil and Joel.

5 CDs is the most anyone has. We currently have 5⃣

Who are the 5?

Really?

VVD
Konate
Matip
Joey
Phillips

I think the club agree with you, we are still pursuing players but we have 4 weeks left of the window so there doesn’t appear to be a lot of panic yet.

We will probably use some of the younger players in the Europa League. This season is a chance to figure out the long and short term futures of some players. I have no doubt Klopp’s focus will be on getting back into the CL.

2 Likes

Phillips joining Leeds for 8.5m I thought.

I think Joe is far more likely to be used as backup RB than CB. Let’s be honest, he was an unmitigated disaster last season.
Matip vacillated between decent and atrocious (that Palace away match). Konate gets injuries and frankly expecting him and post knee injury Virgil to start so many matches is asking for trouble.
Philips tries hard but he’s simply not right for this level.

1 Like

Hopefully we can get a few new signings over the line just in time to board the plane to Singapore … :innocent:

Still a Liverpool player

• Quansah
1 Like

We an always play Henderson and Fabinho there. :blush::blush:

Needs a loan to a good championship club.

1 Like

According to TIA we’ve got Caicedo? Can anyone here confirm if this is true? Frankly this news is incongrous to what’s been happening with Lavia.

We’ve had our bid accepted for Caicedo.

2 Likes