The Central Midfield Thread

Well I think he can with ease in fact. He is so good with the ball and he works like a horse. I have no worries that he can play a few matches in midfield.

1 Like

Donā€™t want anyone with no backboneā€¦ I mentioned before , would have loved tielemans joined us beforeā€¦ But after last seasonā€¦ Strict no

Same reason Thiago was

Heā€™d be working under Klopp, not Brodgers.

1 Like

Klopp wouldnā€™t have anyone with a history of downing tools

Alternatively said, weā€™re going from one option to fill a non-immediate need to another option. As the need it was filling was not for the period between this window and the next, then the alternative doesnt need to be acted upon (publicly) now.

The advantage of being able to approach transfer windows as something that address a 3-4 year period as opposed to fixing an immediate need is it gives you flexibility to be opportunisticā€¦pursuing a player when they are most available rather than having to a pay premium to get him later when itā€™s less convenient for the selling club, they know your need is higher, more people are interested etc.

I think it is totally fair to look at our options and think it insufficient, but if Klopp and co disagree, as they seemingly do, then our moves are naturally going to look different than what that fan might hope for or expect.

2 Likes

We sure about that?

1 Like

Was that before or after the Klopp approach ?

Tielemans downed tools the entirety of the last season

Also there was no club agitating for the transfer

Players like mane Gini etc all gave their full even knowing theyā€™d be leaving.

Tielemans is just not that good, heā€™d get horribly exposed in our system.

1 Like

100% but the hyperbole from some is just silly, just like the lack of faith in some of our younger players. Personally Iā€™d had loved to of shipped off Keita and Oxlade in the summer and brought in a robust player but Iā€™m not Klopp!

1 Like

If we know Klopp , his strength is his unwavering trust on his players.

1 Like

Gallas, Liverpool will not finish in the top four. Prove him wrong Jurgen.

I though I was being quite clear, itā€™s 4th choice outside the age range of 20 to 33.

After this season:

Fabinho and Hendo - thatā€™s the #6 sorted for the next three to five years.

Keita (Club still wants to extend his contract) and Thiago with their injury problems to be our seniors on the #8 for the next two to three years.

Jones, Elliott and hopefully Bellingham - sky is the limit for them.

Heā€™s fat

Even his weakness is a strength :smiling_face:

I love JK but weā€™re sounding like a cult here :grimacing:

1 Like

I think whatā€™s helping us and allowing us to forward plan like this is that we finally have excellent squad depth. The signing of Thiago the seaon before Gini left, the signing of Diaz 6 months before Mane left. There is a pattern emerging. Klopp finally has this option. The club is a place players want to go to, and we arenā€™t trying to put out spot fires through the transfer window like we have been prior to about 2019.

Are Bellingham and Tchouameni so similar in their styles that it would be one or the other? I certainly think the Henderson/Milner style player is the one that we absolutely must buy for next window as I canā€™t see Milner being extended again.

Sign me up!

1 Like