The Central Midfield Thread

Enzo Fernandez seems to be the name emerging and hit fits the bill perfectly.

• based in Portugal
  • will be 22 next summer
  • plays in centre midfield
  • could have bought him for a fraction of what he’ll cost now he’ll have a season under his belt in a European league
  • based in Portugal
  • no one on here will have seen ten full games of his
  • twitter clowns say he’s better than Henderson
  • Transfermarkt says he’s never had a single injury
  • based in Portugal
3 Likes

You are Ward, aren’t you? Hi Julian, time to change your username! :+1: :blush:

Portugal is the new Southampton

A fair summory, but I think you overlooked the biggest factor - being he is based in Portugal.

Couldn’t have bought him directly from River Plate because they don’t play in Portugal.

Playing for Liverpool would fix that.

There’s a guy at Lens, Sekou Fofana, who’s been instrumental for them the last 2 and a bit seasons.

Watched him again the other tonight against Lyon, utter dominance…big reason why Lens are 1 of few sides who still unbeaten.

Since getting promoted 2 years ago they’ve had 2 back to back 7th league finishes, & he’s been 1 of the main factors…can break up play, can drive team forward, he’s even 1 of those that can do stepovers, cut inside and whip 1 in the bottom corner.

If we can’t get your Bellingham’s or Barella’s of this world, I’d love for us to get someone like him.

1 Like

Sekou sounds like one to watch.

1 Like

I think he might have been back in Fifa 19.

Get Out Leave GIF

so just to be clear, did you like it?

sign him up!!!

We seem to have somewhat learned our lesson from 2020-21. I can’t help but feel like we’re jinxed in midfield, just like we were in defence that season, but we seem to have adapted to try to reduce the issues. Probably helps a lot that we have more flexibility with the midfield than we did with the defence back then.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

New midfielder not happening this month unless we get less than four points against Brighton and Chelsea imo.

It’s the hope that kills you and mine is that senior midfielders will be relatively injury free until may so we won’t see Harvey Elliott in midfield too often.

New midfielder nailed on to join then surely?

1 Like

2023/24

Fabinho - DM

Henderson - box2box at RCM and cover for Fab

Bajcetic - second cover for Fab

Thiago & Curtis - LCM, creativity, passing, playmaking

Elliott - RCM attacking runs / dribblings

Bellingham - box2box

I still have a very good feeling of us being able to sign Bellingham.

Doubt another one will arrive this month but surely will be needed for next season.

Doubt we’ll have more than £45m available for that one - could even be a free transfer.

Really not sure what type of player that will be but I’m hoping for someone with Ginis qualities but maybe with a higher ceiling.

1 Like

Caicedo, Bellingham and Nunez for next season.

I mean we kinda all know this

This article explains well all the problems - some self inflicted other unlucky with injuries and fab playing 15,000 minutes in 4.5 seasons. No wonder his legs have gone! Even extremely fit human bodies have shelf lives. I have sympathy as not his fault being overplayed due to others injuries. More obvious now why everything’s caught up this season

No mention of Tyler Morton, I see. He shouldn’t have been allowed out on loan this season- he was showing enough promise last season to have been kept as cover for Fabinho and Henderson.

2 Likes

We already have Nunez.
But he’s shit and never scores goals :wink: