The Copa America thread

They looked all at sea in the second half against Peru, they are beatable.

Argentina mind aren’t that good.

1 Like

Is it me but in the Copa and the Euros are there a lot of defenders taking pens?

Brazil will be favourites but would like to see Messi lead Argentina to victory. They’ve come close a few times now making the final but falling short at the last hurdle. Couple of times recently on penalties when really they should of won. Argentina haven’t won it since 1993.

2 Likes

Copa América Finals - Wikipedia

not as common as you would assume though…

1 Like
1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

funny name for a country in South America

3rd place match between Columbia and Peru.

Before the end of 1st half: Beautiful counter attack goal by Peru, nice pass from the back, great run and pass across. With another attacker drawing 2 defenders, Yotun has a clear view on goal and scored.

Columbia got the 1-1 with a free kick outside the box. The Peru 3-men wall got pretty screwed up …with the jump, they created a massive gap and let the waist high ball through.

The come back is complete. After Peru missed their chance (free kick, almost looped the ball into the top corner but the keeper Vargas was sharp enough), Columbia counter attack…massive clearance from the keeper, Lopaz passed the defender, and nicely slotted the ball passed the keeper.

With 8 minutes to go, Peru pulled one back with a corner. Lapadula, with his face protection headed the ball into the net. I wonder how much pain with the face protection distribution the shock to his broken nose (or whatever face injury he has).

Was thinking that the match would end up with penalty to decide the outcome. 3 minutes of stoppage time added, and at the very last second of the added time, Díaz hammered one from outside the box into the top right corner. That worldie won the 3rd place match for Columbia.

1 Like

Was actually a really good game once Peru got the first.

Peru goalkeeper is horrible. Zapata and Muriel had a very underwhelming Copa.

You have a point. But the first and third goals were pretty embarrassing.

Probably going to miss it. So, good luck Argentina. :muscle:

1 Like

Poor Richarlison. He can’t get away from Everton even in the summer, even at Copa America!

2 Likes

Not a single one Ederson In goal as well

1 Like

Weird to see the Maracanã (mostly) empty. Guess COVID is real after all, President Bolsonaro? I thought it was just a cold.

2 Likes

Richarlison over Firmino
Fred over Fabinho
Ederson over Alison

Brazil’s coach has a different way of judging talent than I

Guess I’m rooting for Argentina

5 Likes

Well he said getting it is better than the vaccine a few weeks back :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Even Messi puts in a tackle!

1 Like

Argentina leading 1-0 already and nearly scored a second Fred is shite