The Copa America thread

That’s odd as it looked to me like Suarez hit it and then kicked Vidal’s leg. I didn’t think Vidal had touched it at all in fact I half expected VAR to overrule it.

The copa is a difficult tournament to get into normally. It’s even more the case now with essentially no one getting knocked out in the first round. I might take a look at a couple of the QFs, but probably wont watch until the final, or unless brazil play argentina before (and even that will be a disappointing game).

Yeah, it’s crap. Apart from some mismatched games, it’s like every game is a Derby, so it’s stop start because of the fouling, play acting and surrounding the officials.

1 Like

:sleeping:
I do hope the 3rd and 4th round games are more attractive. Presently the games put me into sleep. True, the kick-off times don’t help either.

Quite enjoyed the games on Sunday. Argentina have been dire.

Ecuador leading Peru 1-0, good night :sleeping:

2-2 now……

Peru 2-0 down back level

1 Like

Columbia struck first. What a wonderful goal.

1 Like

Was a beauty.

1 Like

Great move and a fantastic finish.

“Neymar is down, holding his leg…”

Wow, broken record.

But the faking and fouling has started.

Cuadrado is a good player at club level but always raises his game at international level. Very good for Colombia.

I do like how his instant reaction is to fall over.

1 Like

What a pass from Bobby. Neymar should have left the shot to Jesus.

Bobby!!! Beautiful pass and header by Bobby!

Strange that the ball hit the ref, and he let the game to go on. Will the goal count? Probably not.

Edit: Goal given.

What even is this rule anymore? I was pretty sure there was no ifs or buts to it, but I’m seeing advantage more and more and yet when I read up on it when it came in that wasn’t an option.

Ospina maybe should be doing better as he could have let that bounce off him.

1 Like

The Columbia players did not play to the whistle and thought that the ref would stop the play. A number of them were caught pants down, unfortunately for them.

How many minutes did Colombia waste surrounding the ref?

I can’t stand Neymar. Horrible horrible footballer.

Goodness, 10 minutes added on.