The Corona Pandemic

Mais pourquoi est-il aussi méchant?

Got my first jab cirka 30 min ago. Feeling okay enough. Just got out after waiting the mandatory 20 min for bi-effects. My vaccine is phizer. My next dose will be om 21.10.2021 at 1236.

Very happy to have recieved the first jab. I noticed many of my friends, even from different municipalities, were also vaccinated today, so apparantly many from this last age group to be vaccinated got their’s today.

4 Likes

yeah i had the Phizer…arm was a bit sore for a bit…more so than any other jab

im a bit wary of the second dose…ive heard it gets a bit rough…

2 Likes

My second passed well just lost all strength in my jabbed arm for a few hours though no real pain.
Everyone else I know who got Pfizer (that’s everyone I know) didn’t get much except 1 (younger 1/2 sister of my kids) she got it really rough. Said she felt like a horde was thumping her all over.

2 Likes

The flu like symptoms are a bit of a crap shoot, but the best predictors I have seen of whether you’ll get them are 1) if you’ve had strong reactions to other vaccines before, and 2) whether you’ve had Covid.

I’ve had a tropical vaccine (maybe yellow fever) that put me in bed for 2 days, and have had covid and so I was primed for a big reaction to the second dose of Pfizer, but even that was only about 24 hours of symptoms which I could mostly work through (albeit while taking naps and showering 4 times throughout the day because of the fever sweats).

2 Likes

My first jab was bad and my second had pretty much no side-effect. Its difficult to know how an individual’s body will react.

1 Like

I’m fearing that we might have a very nasty riot/disturbances due to the lockdown.

It’s perfectly all right to punish/fine someone for breaching the protocol. But using it to extracting bribe/ransom by police is really disgusting (but not at all unexpected though). Also, what’s the fucking rule? You clearly mention about essential services (medicine, food etc.) not included in the lockdown, then you collect booty from those businesses.

We are really hopeless.

Well the latest NHS surveillance report is showing a drop in cases across all age groups, with case positivity reduced in all age groups over 29, with the same steady incline under 29:

National flu and COVID-19 surveillance reports: 2021 to 2022 season - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

So maybe we really are over the hump?

The data looks promising, but they are also really difficult to interpret meaningfully in isolation.

The original wild type version of this virus has an R0 of somewhere around 5 in normal circumstances, but with public health measures we got that down repeatedly to under 1. Delta is though to be as high as 10. So basically what we know is that despite it being highly contagious, we also have PH measures that are very effective at reducing transmission. Therefore, I wouldn’t put too much faith in the case number data without also knowing what sort of behaviors were occurring in the community at the time. In my experience, those behaviors are often at odds with the official public health guidance (e.g. we remove mask mandates and large %s of the population thinks “fuck that” and chooses to stay at home more than they were).

Weird if true imo

You’d just get fried by her flaming ire, same as me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshua_pieters/status/1421464141697540099

https://mobile.twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1421535591553015808
https://mobile.twitter.com/d4nf0x/status/1421522700120494084
https://mobile.twitter.com/CountBinface/status/1421512528278982664
:rofl:

2 Likes
2 Likes

BBC News - No Covid traces found in railway stations or trains

I find this astonishing…but then again nothing about this pandemic should surprise me any more…

To me this is one of the more surprising developments. Very early on, before it really hit the west, we knew it was unusually contagious for a virus of its type. A clear explanation for why was provided by in initial non-clinical studies that demonstrated it had unusually long viability on surfaces. Directives to not touch your face, wash your hands regularly and a global rush on hand sanitizer all commenced. And it turns out its had very little to do with how the bastard is actually transmitted.

2 Likes

Isn’t the moral of the story that TfLs sanitisation and cleaning regime has done really well, rather than Covid doesn’t linger on surfaces?

Possibly, but it also doesn’t change that fomite transmission has been demonstrated to be surprisingly unimportant. The continued focus on this aspect of risk mitigation is well meaning, but in lots of cases actually counter productive as it lowers peoples inhibitions to entering environments where the virus is circulating because they have observed that their table has been sanitized.

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking:

Testing numbers are also down along with infection numbers. I cant decide if its less tests means less infections or less infections means less tests.

I’m also extremely uncertain about this as well.

Florida is hitting peak records for new cases, and is responsible for approx 20% of all US cases right now, yet testing looks way down and anecdotally it’s pretty difficult to get a test. The wait at county run sites are 4-5 hours long, and people are reporting a 3 day wait list at the commercial sites.

1 Like

I mean, it’s all relative.

The number of people detected as having covid has steadily been coming down and at a rate faster than the drop in numbers being tested. That plateauing and subsequent drop does align with the fact that the numbers of daily deaths has not risen rapidly nor has the number of hospitalisations. Both are either tailing off (rate of increase of daily deaths) or has already tailed off (numbers in hospital).

1 Like