The Cricket Thread

How’s that for the worst review ever
England v Australia: Jos Buttler makes a terrible review - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/54049659

1 Like

Here you go @Rambler :clinking_glasses:

Here you go @Rambler :strawberry:

I’m really struggling to think of a game versus the Aussies that I have ever cared less about. T20 isn’t really serious cricket anyway, but with the series sewn up, Buttler on shagging leave and no other pressing issues at hand, it’s just about rubbing their noses in it. Mind you, that should be reason enough to care.

Pretty poor batting performance from England, and the start with the ball hasn’t been much better. England have a lot of batting depth but still managed to look pretty weak on paper today with Billings at 4 and Denly at 6 with the same long tail they’ve had all series. Still can’t figure out how those two get opportunities ahead of Livingstone. Obviously the management can’t predict Buttler leaving the camp and Roy’s injury not clearing up but in this game at least it appears to be a mistake to have left Root out of the squad all together.

Dismal by England’s batsmen

Pitch has looked difficult to bat on and Australia have bowled pretty well but would expect better from the top order, Root in particular who apart from a few shots looked really out of sorts. Allowed them to bowl far too many dot balls and ran out the only player who has looked remotely capable of taking them on today. A lot of the batsmen in the shorter form games have looked below par this summer, maybe they should have given Malan an opportunity in this side as well as he has been the clear stand out performer.

1 Like

Stokes can’t return soon enough

Excellent finish from Rashid and Curran there. Australia still huge favourites but they may just have given England some momentum and a chance to win this game. Feel like Archer and Rashid in particular will have to bowl really well now, vital that they get wickets up front.

2 Likes

The bowlers have to have a really good game now to pull England out of the shit,231 isn’t the best score but it’s a bit more respectable from where they were at 140-ish for 8.

The last game was kinda close but i doubt England will be anywhere near that game,i think it’s the Aussies to lose now.

1 Like

Well all of a sudden we may have a game on our hands. England’s best two bowlers on the night bowled out, need Rashid to up his game now. He’s been poor so far.

1 Like

Yeah it looks like England could potentially pull this one out of the bag,AUS have collapsed,53 from 34 balls. 178-9 atm

An England 1st innings test match esque collapse from Australia. 32-6 from the great position they were in. I think Carey has played this poorly so far. Taken too many singles from the first ball of the over, probably should have risked farming the strike more and trying to hit some boundaries. Zampa and Hazlewood both appear to be number 11 batsman, can’t really afford to leave them with the task of scoring 20 odd runs. Might still get them over the line with some lusty blows against Rashid, but it looks like a tough ask for even the best of finishers now.

Fantastic comeback win from England, even better than the one they managed in the T20 in a similar situation.

1 Like

I didn’t see that one coming when England were 149 for 8 this afternoon,great come back and win.

2 Likes

Great match and amazing comeback by England. The next game should be a cracker.

1 Like

Crawley hit an unbeaten 108 for Kent today, striking at 200. Currently averaging 60 in the tournament and is only one run behind the leading run scorer, striking at just under 170. Could quickly put himself in contention in all formats.

Bairstow having a good game,just smashed a 6 to get past 100,209-4 37 overs,looking good atm,as i type that Billings out 210-5.

Bairstow turning on the afterburners against us. Billings just out hopefully will give us a chance to reduce it. Still, we certainly have the quality to chase down their score today.

Warner to be out again for single figures with his typical, festering, Non-Aussie-Pitch innings, like a ziplock bag full of dogshit left in the su_n.

1 Like

I think i may have cursed them 220-6 Bairstow gone for 112.

1 Like

Chris Woakes to the rescue again.

1 Like