The Cricket Thread

Unbelievable stuff from Kohli. He really does think he’s God’s gift sometimes.

I really like Rohit. He’s an absolute beast. Looks like we may get a mirror image of the first test, with India piling up a big first innings score.

Oh god, we are so dross :rage:

Bangladesh cricketers should be banned from playing T20, they have forgot how play proper cricket.

Even forced the umpires to turn to a video replay to confirm that he was out after being clean bowled :rofl:

Rohit’s storming along. Scored appropriately 2/3rds of Indian’s runs so far! (146 out of 222 at the time of posting)

1 Like

Moeen Ali is the Divock Origi of cricket. Does one good thing per match and is otherwise dross.

1 Like

That’s what the second half of his test career has become. For the first half he was world class.

1 Like

True, can’t really say that about Origi

1 Like

Pitch suddenly coming to life. Real fun now :slight_smile:

Wow, so England get Rahane out caught behind. It’s given not out. England immediately review. Television umpire checks replay for lbw. Doesn’t let the replay run on to check for caught behind. Gives it not out. Full replay shows ball clearly coming off glove (plus spike on ultra edge). Fucking atrocious umpiring.

3 Likes

Bad reviewing too. Root should have insisted they look at the glove

He did, he repeatedly indicated that the ball went up and hit the glove when demanding they look at it again. Apparently they’ve been given the review back which they lost but that can’t be the end of it. Total farce.

3 Likes

Well, luckily not too costly. Joe Root is unplayable! The pitch looks good for spinners and England are going to have a hard time. India have runs in the bank.

No surprise that England’s rotation policy has come off. Very able squad options like Stone and Foakes playing equally well as Archer and Buttler.
This is what the English playing contract system has been building towards for decades now.

Ahem, (clears throat)…

1 Like

If I was Ashwin or Pant, I’d be doing a Marsh and Lillee and putting a pony on an England win at 100-1. This is more like 250-1 for an English win mind. England would need to score 400+ runs in their second innings on this absolute bunsen.

Just woke up to find a total disaster has taken place. England eight down and in danger of a follow on. I was wary about the Indian spinners on this wicket, but didn’t expect this!

Typicallly terrible timing as two of the replacements just lost their wickers cheaply. Impressed by Foakes’ defence though, right?

So, the result is not in question. It’s all about how much pride England can salvage. A bit like LFC

1 Like

West Indies three wicket away from clean-sweep.

1 Like

Sorry Ifti, but like many of my generation I have a soft spot for the WI. A healthy Windies team is good for test cricket. I’m sure your time will come. You are a huge cricket mad country and just need a bit of good leadership and luck to make the next step up.

1 Like

India don’t really need help from the umpires at this stage

1 Like