The Cricket Thread

Only thing you’re going to retain are the marks from the arse kicking you’re about to receive :sunglasses:

The standard of sledging these days is pitiful.

Well I hope you Poms prepare decent cricket pitches. I just put the Aust v India match on. Is it day 5?

All the Indian commentators complaining about the quality of the pitch, now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

Paperwork day today, ODI on and it’s really spicing up. 26 needed of 42 balls but deep into the tail. Excellent stuff.

Magnificent knock from Malan with able support at the end from Rashid.

Malan is close to making himself undroppable in ODIs. Be interesting to see how they fit him into the team for the upcoming World Cup as you’d expect Root to return at 3.

India in deep shit - minus fifty for two.

1 Like

India deserve this for over cooking the pitch

If I was the Aussies I wouldn’t want to be chasing more than 80-100 on this goat track. This aint over.

1 Like

Yeah I am hoping we can snap India’s fucking wagging tail off here for once.

India surrendering tamely. Basically 30-6.

Christ this umpire is having a shocker. Not out for absolutely plumb decisions? “Absolute Shocker” says Steve Smith and he’s damned right.

1 Like

I can now see why all the cricket fans on here from countries other than Australia love Cummins being our captain so much. It’s because he’s such a passive, soggy potato. Steve Smith, with the over the top appeals and being very vocal around the batsmen, aggresive field, strategizing throughout the game (you can even see that when Aussies are batting and he’s going through video footage with coaches) that’s what a Cummins-led team lacks. Steve Smith lives for winning. He applies pressure to the batsmen as much as he can.

I want that from an Australian team. Do you think India wins at home purely because they are a better team? It’s because they get their crowd into it and they are extremely vocal and make batsmen feel the pressure on every ball they face.

Steve Smith for captain/PM/whatever. Cummins - great bowler, but leave the captaincy for those that thrive on it.

I like Cummins, but have never been impressed with his captaincy.
Smith will surely stay as captain whatever happens in his match.
India still in trouble despite Pujara’s obstinacy.

67-8

76 to win.

No worries.

We’ll see! :joy:

120+ would have been interesting, but this total is way too low.

Yeah put a 100 on and it opens up.

Aus should win this from here and deservedly so.

I always maintained that the Indian batting lineup is weak and this match only serves to prove that.

As terrible a pitch as it is and India can’t complain because they’ve cooked this wicket up , they shouldn’t be posting a score like what they’ve posted in the first innings

1 Like