The Cricket Thread

I live local to the Ageas bowl and saw England v India there in 2018. Not sure if there’s been any tests there since, but deffo been to T20s and ODI’s (World Cup) there in the last few. The womens ashes was on there this week.

I grew up near the Riverside stadium (Chester-le-Street) and only ever saw Durham play there - and certainly don’t recall any international cricket there for a good while.

There will be atleast 2-3 other clubs(across sports) who can groundshare. Def not cricket as there’s not much following for culture there.

1 Like

Cricket. Danni Wyatt = hot. and the most proactive weens batter there is.

Check the cost of a flat near Highbury vs Stanley Park…

3 Likes

Interesting, usually have one a year or is it at Southport.

Taunton is hosting one of the women’s ones today so I assume it’s part of the rota.

Needs to be planned better mind, 2 this year then none next time.

Lords shouldn’t get two a year in my view.

1 Like

Lancashire usually play one County game each season at Liverpool Cricket Club, but I don’t think there’s been one this year.

Especially after the rowdy behaviour in the Long Room!

1 Like

Yeah bloody hooligans.

That’s the issue with the Bertie Wooster types, too much drink and they end up worse than those who attend flat roofed pubs.

I remember hearing that name. Think there were some international matches held recently. South Africa vs England

My friend has a season ticket, they’ve got a ODI in late September :joy:

ECB planning at its finest.

I was interested to see what’s happening there as my parents still live 10 mins from the ground so if there’s a chance to get tickets for anything there, I would.

There have been matches played there over the years, with the first in 1999 and 21 in total. ODIs in 2018, 2019 (x 3), 2021, and 2022 so a few more over the last few years, and yeah, SA played there recently.

But in terms of Tests, only six in total (first in 2003), and the last in 2016 against England.

The ECB recently announced that Durham CCC secured international cricket until 2031, with a T20 against NZ in August, England Women ODIs in Sept this year and June next, and an ODI in next years Australia tour of 2024.

England won the toss and are bowling first. Hopefully Jimmy can get some early pace and swing this morning and skittle a few.

What better than another test starting, and the Reds back in action later this afternoon.

2 Likes

Healy just called Bairstow world class on the Australian feed.

Dopey cunt.

Healey or Bairstow? :sweat_smile:

Here we go :slight_smile:

Tv on…cups of tea requested…the odd biccy required…and a lot of shouting…

I think he’s got a bus ticket…

What’s he reviewed that for? Won’t see a more plum LBW.

Beauty from Broad, finally got one right.

DRS showing it a little higher than I thought it would be but still plumb.

Wasting time…trying to influence the umpire…no way matey…