The Cricket Thread

Worrying NZ swung it more than Andersen.

Broad came back but he has offered little for so long. His batting is embossing.

Surely there are players with better technique coming through?

I wish it were that simple.

If Jimmy can’t swing it, there’s not much on offer. I can swing it miles some days, Sunday was arrow straight (middle stump thankfully). What does aid swing though is pace and Jimmy’s not getting any quicker. As for Broad, he was a good lower middle order batsman before he got hit. He’s been a shadow of himself since then.

Australia will easily whitewash us unless we improve by about 70%. Yes Root and Stokes can play heroic innings but not 10 times in a tour down under. None of the others really look like they can or will step up with the bat except Burns.

Opened again on Sunday, put on 80 for the first wicket :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done. Have you notified the ECB? England’s batting needs all the help it can get.

They’d try to coach my minuscule talent out of me.

1 Like

Supporting NZ vs India in the rather ridiculous test final. Find myself hoping India women do well against England though.

Digging in

India trying to tire the bowlers out but that approach while it works in australia doesnt work in england.

250 for india might make it something for the indian bowlers to bowl at

1 Like

Fantastic performance so far by NZ bowlers. Spin might be the deciding factor later

It’s a shame that this contest will most likely be decided by the weather. It’s nicely set up and there are a number of intriguing duels.

1 Like

I didn’t bother as the weather looked shit for it, four day test matches are even more laughable when you look at this.

Serious amount of spin in this story…

Just might be one final twist in the match , If india cannot bat out 2 sessions that is.

Can’t see that India batting line up collapsing

Wasn’t aware we had a reserve day will be worth watching especially if NZ can take quick morning wickets

36 all out :confused:

BBC says all FOUR results are still possible.

Four

India win.
New Zealand win.
Draw.
Tie.

yeah lol… surely at some point… not going into semantics , a draw and a tie can be taken as the same thing…

Could still be a cracker. Pant in, looking for quick runs. Snowed under with work, but it’s enticing!