The Cricket Thread

Goodnight

Too many balls just in the slot, easy shots to hit. It’s been some choke this from England. All the best to NZ in the final, hope they win it.

Well batted NZ, excellent.

Although it’s not over. Hello Barca.

There’s the fucked up yorker.

Said before the tournament England’s bowling would be what would let them down, particularly at the death. Without Archer and Mills they have nobody else who’s close to being up to scratch at this level. A few who are good at the top of the innings and a few who are good in the middle. When you’re relying on Jordan or T.Curran to do it for you at the death, you’re going to do really well to win a tournament.

Would have been a great achievement to win it all without Archer, Stokes, Mills and Roy.

NZ were excellent in that final third. England’s bowlers were poor, Wood and Jordan in particular.

With 8 overs to go, England should have won that.

Congratulations NZ, hope they go on to win it now.

It was like the Brighton game; England had it, then NZ took it.

NZ I hope go on and win it

Well played NZ.

I hope you enjoy being runners up :wink: after Aus beat you in a classic and tremendous final

:grin:

1 Like

100% cannot happen.

No final that Australia win can ever be described as tremendous.

1 Like

It could be the final of the Dog & Duck Farmers league for all I care, if Australia win it, its tremendous :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dust to dust?

1 Like

Go On Yes GIF

Shame Saqib Mahmood got injured around the end of the English season as he would have been a great option to have for the death overs

Well done NZ. A thoroughly likeable bunch of lads. I hope they destroy Australia in the final.

1 Like

Aren’t Pakistan one of the form teams of the tourney? :thinking: We aren’t there yet.

Or you’re saying you hope Australia actually make it to the final only to get their pants pulled down because a loss in a final is more painful? Now I’m with you.

Actually, I hope they lose today, but have a feeling they won’t.
Pakistan have overachieved so far and batting first won’t help them either.

This is a proper tactics choke by Australia. Totally overthinking it by switching bowlers every over.

Maybe if Warner had held onto the catch it could have been classed as a success.

But unfortunately Warner is a cunt and he had the collective willpower of 100% of the planet’s population including his wife and kids wanting him to drop that.

I wouldn’t underestimate Pakistan. They have arguably the best opening partnership in the world and the most varied, all round attack. Shaheen Afridi is an absolute superstar already at just 21. It’s a team with superb balance throughout.