The Cycling Thread

I am fecking loving the 2020 tour. Even the pancake flat stages are crazy.

And I am gonna get to watch the entire Giro and Vuelta races this year.

I have a cycling boner.

Chat about cycling here!!!

1 Like

Amazing sprint finish today (Stage 11 - finished at Poitiers). Also enjoyed the early disruptions to the team organisation at around 6km to go.

2 Likes

Great to see Hirschi get the win today having gone close twice already this race. Big fan of these bolshy young lads like him and Pogacar backing themselves to disrupt the field largely on their own.

Makes such a change from the usual Sky/Ineos train or the Jumbo Visma lot dictating from the front.

4 Likes

For sure.

Felt very happy for him after he got pipped by a bee’s dick following a 90km solo the other day.

2 Likes

I think most people were backing him, or wanting him to win that day, good to see him get up on yesterday’s stage. Well deserved.

2 Likes

Great stage today where Rogilic stamped his authority on the Tour and really put pressure on Bernal.

Changes in the leader board as well.

Big stage this Sunday now which might suit Bernal but I get the impression that Rogilic is too strong and only has to mark him. Eneos will have to try and break him.

i’m kind of longing for a fit Froome to be in this race to be honest. It could have been a real ding dong between him and Rogilic.

2 Likes

That was some attacking organisation by Sunweb today. Completely blew the Peloton apart with their attacks after attacks.

2 Likes

Controlled it beautifully, been a few strong days from them. Good outfit.

2 Likes

Sunweb have played it really well. No GC contender but picking up stage wins and being in and around it all the time.
Big one today for the GC, think Bernal has to try and attack, Roglic may just try and defend which could play into Pogacar’s hands.

3 Likes

Ye…

This Tour is over.

Roglic is going to smash them. JV look unstoppable.

Great result imo.

Don’t fancy Pogacar to pull something out? Looks over and jumbo look strong but the young rider might go for it.

2 Likes

He is a slim chance at best, I reckon. If JV ride like they did yesterday Pogacar will only ever be able to make little gains here and there. I think his best chance was yesterday, but JV just stomped on everyone, Sky style.

He def has the tools, though. His bursts at the pointy end of a HC climb are outrageous.

But JV to control this all the way.

1 Like

And we’ve got the final stage of Tirreno-Adriatico today to satisfy us on the TdF rest day!!!

Yates in the lead, British cyclist on an Aussie team…like Ronald McDonald said to Mayor McCheese, I’M LOVING IT!!!

Missed yesterday. :unamused: Pissed off is an understatement.

have Ineos dropped an oopsie putting all their faith in Bernal? Probably didn’t have any other option I guess, given Froome and Thomas’s form.

I’m not convinced it’s 100% over, there’s still an opportunity this Tuesday and Wednesday and then there’s an uphill time trial. You could easily loose a good chunk of time there.

I’m not predicting any surprises as Roglic simply looks too strong but it might make for some interesting stages to come. Imagine a scenario where Roglic loses 20 seconds before the time trial. That could then be a juicy, bum squeaky stage.

3 Likes

JV as a whole were imperious yesterday. Kuss didn’t have to intervene until the last couple of kms.

It would take a catastrophic failure from here, imo.

GOING THE EARLY CROW!!!

:grimacing:

3 Likes

And I made sure the gardening was done and the little one was down for his nap just in time for the final descent/ascent.

It’s gotta be done.

1 Like

Tried and failed due to leaky toilet syndrome. Project New bathroom and the Boss wanted one of those toilets with the cupboard unit behind. Well the plastic cistern, internals and supplied plumbing were shite. Took me to 7pm to sort the piece of garbage.

yes you did read that right. I have let a dunny get between me an my sport. :rage:

3 Likes

Well that’s just shit house.

:wink:

3 Likes

Quickly heading that way, yes

2 Likes

Well done, Mr Yates.

2 Likes