The Cycling Thread

Not this year, and like I said a few weeks ago, no Kuss is a huge loss for Jonas.

Jonas might get closer, but I would be absolutely gobsmacked if he took back 2mins. Remco is done, too…no chance to stay near those two on the Cat 1s/HCs.

1 Like

I’ll try and keep an eye out on Jonas today. He said yesterday the longer mountsin stages duit him better.

Not sure it will matter though. They cant isolate Pog.

I’m honestly trying to remember if there has ever been anything like Pog. One, who shall not be named, is the only one that springs to mind in my lifetime.

As if the talent of Pogacar wasn’t enough, the fact he’s got Yates to lead him out on these mountain stages feels like a cheat code.

3 Likes

Yeah. UAE have sorted themselves out this year. In previous years Pog has been easy to isolate. This year they are controling the peleton.

1 Like

You watching, @Noo_Noo??

This racing is :pinched_fingers:

Wank?

I’ll try and catch highlights later. Just shut up till then please.

1 Like

Brilliant last 10kms.

Oof

How do they do it? And then Pog do that?

I’m speechless

1 Like

After Pog’s ride today the TDF is over. Cav has the record. So all gonna be boring from here on.

Is Pog superhuman or suspect??

I remember a stage a couple of years ago where the other riders were watching him fly past them on a climb them totally aghast, like they’d seen a ghost

1 Like

I dunno, but I think it’s important to remember Jonas was doing the same to Pog two years ago, and also that Jonas was in ICU earlier this year.

I’ve said it before, if you’re a couple of percent off at that level you may as well stay at home.

Interestingly Pog yesterday said that his best ever numbers were on that climb when Jonas was effectively giving him a tow but in reality it was probably when he pulled away. I was surprised by that given how often he’s done that kind of thing.

He is just astonishing, actually they all are, Pog is double astonishing.

Stage 19 is the obvious opportunity for Jonas but I do wonder if he’ll also try something on stage 20. Stage 17 screams breakaway.

It’s so over he needs Pog to crash.

Watch out if you see Jonas’ team car hand him a cricket stump at any point.

Probably but i refuse to think that way because I’m an old nut job / jack russell type that refuses to concede anything.

There’s also the time trial but i dont think we’ll see any miracles there. Punctures do happen though.

1 Like

Pog has a cheat code.

He must have borrowed it off Armstrong.

I hope not but what he has done this year is nuts. He dominated the Giro, and now the Tour.

Easy to jump to that conclusion and no doubt questions will be asked. He has been utterly dominant.

I just think he’s a freak of nature.

Cycling has been tainted by so many scandals that it’s difficult to be confident in anyone’s natural ability. Miguel Indurain was an absolute freak, but how clean was he?

2 Likes

The scientific understanding of training today is light years ahead of the Lance years. These guys are tuned like F1 cars.

That said, would not surprise me in the slightest if they were all on the hot sauce.

I’ve had suspicions anout Indurain for years. Some of his physical attributes are to me a bit off shall we say.

And as @SBYM ssys these guys are tuned but they are tested to hell as well. I believe every stage winner is tested. Thats 4 for Pog this Tour. He didnt need to win that stage yesterday but did it anyway.

To my mind if there’s juice loose then its something new

1 Like