The East is Red

and costly :sunglasses:

1 Like

lucky the Irish Government can foot the bill :wink:

2 Likes

Gangnam is the rich area in Seoul so there are some nice apartments there.

1 Like

I move on the 20th of June. Have an apartment in Gangnam-gu. Nice view of the river. Looks expensive thankfully I’m not paying?? Is there much of a Liverpool scene in Seoul?

1 Like

Thought you have moved there in Feb/Mar :blush:

Have a great adventure.

1 Like

Visa process very long and other documents… yes hopefully all goes well. Thank you

1 Like

Sounds like you won’t have to go on a visit run, then. My only experience of South Korea has been two quick trips to Busan back in the nineties to renew my my work visa. That is one hot and humid place in the summer. Seoul probably is as well.

1 Like

So how’s the going?
Must have settled down pretty well by know, I presume.
Care to give some update?

1 Like

:thinking:

Tom Cruise What GIF

1 Like

I mean to put ‘’ ‘’ when I say I never lived abroad. I stayed in Dubai with family. Seoul is proper living on my own.

So how are you finding it? How’s your accommodation?

Yeah, I’d be interested to hear as well. I bet the summer has been a challenging experience.

Challenging. Haven’t got the full Seoul experience with this COVID. Country still struggling more than at home so it’s great nightclub scene still isn’t fully there. Work isn’t an issue anyways fully English but that’s a government job so irrelevant. Beautiful country from when I managed to travel. Seoul very nice at night, the lights etc, like a smaller New York at times lol. The Korean people are nice, can be hard to like get to know, seem very private and quiet but have all tried to communicate in English when it wasn’t needed. My Korean is coming along slowly. Hard language to learn. Not sure how long ill be here, felt homesick at times but im blaming COVID restrictions rather than the country.

My accommodation is lovely, from the outside looked a tad ropey but I’m not fond of the skyline here anyways. Inside though very modern. I like the area where you put your shoes inside the apartment, like an entranceway inside your apartment. They have a rice machine aswell which came with the apartment, never seen one before but I use it daily now. The work hours are insane also, I’m more fortunate than the average Korean cause I work for the Irish government so work under Irish hours and conditions (8-10 hours a day) I’ve heard Koreans doing 18 hour days. The delivery system is fantastic, everyone orders food and it’s to your home in 20 minutes and online orders can come the same day. Watched a documentary on the hardship them drivers have to do and the hours they put in so I’m not using them as much as I disagree with the conditions.

I wouldn’t come here though if I was paying for my home, rent is expensive. Then again food etc is cheaper than at home.

4 Likes

Thanks for the very comprehensive report. Yeah, taking shoes off before setting foot in the hallway certainly is a great idea. When I go back to England I find it difficult to adjust to wearing shoes in the house. In fact I really hesitate before taking that first step and plonking my shoe-clad foot on the hall carpet. Whenever possible in England I take them off as soon as I can.

Do Korean homes have tatami mat flooring as is the case here in Japan? I’m guessing they don’t and it’s probably floor tiles. I’m sure you’re very appreciative of air conditioning now! Life there and here in the summer would be unbearable without it.

2 Likes

No my place just titling, not sure what’s the norm here yet in Korea. Think my apartment is a tad more ‘western’ than other places here. The humidity surprised me a lot, can be difficult. Not much middle ground here though, winters are freezing and summers are boiling hot lol

1 Like

YT just offered up this video for me, which is very appropriate in view of what you said about the delivery system in Korea. Seems like there is a price to be paid for fantastic service.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xij_cIe5_A

1 Like

Football in Indonesia would seem to have more than a few problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oxSwYv0wVo

2 Likes

We had exactly these problems, thanks god our football has fallen off the cliff in last 25 years.

3 Likes

A free-to-read article for our Singaporean fans…

4 Likes

been over on this side of the planet and I managed to do the stadium tour. Even though, one side of the stadium is under construction, it was still a fantastic experience. Actually, it’s beyond mere words to describe the feeling on doing the tour. Still in dreamland and not wanting to forget or lose that feeling.

1 Like