The Eredivisie Thread

Feyenoord two up in Amsterdam after 18 mins. Santi double.

Aaaand the game has been suspended. These games are going to go behind closed doors.

Interesting to see how the Eredivisie handle this now. The game was abandoned ca the 55th with Feyenoord up by three.

Looks like there was a lot of infighting amongst the Ajax supporters and clashes with police outside. A fair amount of damage to the stadium, too.

There’s not much room to rearrange, which would be a terrible idea anyway.

If Feyenoord were 3-0 up and Ajax fans caused the trouble, the decision should be an easy one: three points to Feyenoord.

1 Like

Yeah if they don’t give it to Feynoord it will be a travesty.

Also need to punish Ajax further.

2 Likes

Dutch

jack off please GIF

1 Like

Agreed.

Last season, Groningen supporters forced their game against Ajax to be abandoned. The game was resumed a few days later behind closed doors.

Current idea is that the game is suspended after one missile incident and abandoned after two, but today there were three incidents before it was called.

No surprise this happened today.

Award the win to feynoord.

Subtract 10 points from Ajax

Make them play their home matches for the entire season without home crowd section , basically only the away section getting entry.

1 Like

It’s happened across that league and in Belgium a few times now.

Only action like you suggested will make clubs act

And it’s somewhat of a recent phenomenon. I don’t recall these disturbances happening 2 years before.

1 Like

I used to watch a bit (no one really shows it now), and I’ve bet on it a fair bit and yeah it doesn’t seem like something that would happen often but it seems once or twice every weekend.

Probably was there but controlled better.

Mislintat is gone. I guess Steijn will follow soon enough.

Game to be resumed Wednesday afternoon.

Kind of amusing to see it’s the Feyenoord supporters who are welcoming this news 'cause they want to further beat up on Ajax.

Terrible precedent though.

Ajax really have gone from bad to worst since last season, don’t the majority of their fans already want Steijn gone after 7 games?

Must’ve done exceedingly well at Sparta to finish a respectable 6th, is it therefore a case of small fish in a big pond and being out his depth at top European level?

Feel a bit sorry for him as he’s walked in at a time when a mass overhaul was unfolding beneath him, which Mislintat has to take responsibility for & I wonder if the departures of VDS and Overmars have played a bigger impact.

Ajax are used to getting raided, but this was another summer of important losses. Timber, Tadic, Alvarez, Kudus, and Klassen is half a side. Add in that they lost maybe 8 or 9 important players the summer before as well and even the best run club will hit a wall eventually with that sort of player turnover

ETH might be available soon.

Hopefully not. In fact, I hope his current employers give him a lifetime contract.

So Santi scored a hattrick today, technically. Two on Sunday, one today. Is he the first to do that? Apparently, he is the first to score a hattrick for Feyenoord in Amsterdam.

Santi’s planting trees in whose shade future generations of pub quiz-masters will sit.

Waalwijk - Ajax suspended. Looks like the Waalwijk keeper collapsed.

Another game interrupted by fans I believe.

I was wondering why at 3-3 and then final score updated it. Ajax are in the bottom three

Could not have happened to a nice club …

1 Like