The Film Thread

Apparently, Barbie is geopolitically aware…or geopolitically clumsy. And just who at Warner Brothers decided to allow a blonde to play the title role? Tone deaf they are.

If…
Barbie looks hot, as she will…
Would it be weird to have a sneaky tug looking at a doll?

AHH shucks. Couple made in heaven

True Love Wedding GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Is this guy off this forum I wonder :0)

We had dinner last night at a place next to a cinema and spontaneously decided to see the new Indiana. Jones. Wow it’s shit.

I know there has been a lot of criticism, of their treatment of him and the role of Waller Bridges, but those criticisms seem like reflexively prebaked ones that have nothing to do with the film and miss the real issue - the plot was paper thin. It’s just 2 hours of chase scenes and about 10 mins of narrative, and what they have of a plot is so stupid and contrived that it’s all just a big eye roll.

1 Like

did they play the song though?

Shooting Star GIF

Ummm… Not sure I really needed to know that now.

Also a little disturbing that the writers thought through every aspect, including toilet habits

1 Like

Been through the MI films over the last few weeks ready for a popcorn and booze frenzy at the ££££ temple. People don’t hobble out because they’ve been sat for 3 hours, it’s the after affects of the kicking they took for drinks on the way in. Brilliant films, highly recommended.

I liked the first couple of MI films, but similar to the F&F films, I think they ended up pumping out stuff as a course to milk money out of fans without adding much to the overall story

Not a fan of the MI films, as good as they are
they’re not like the original shows which i used to love watching.

I thought the first one was decent, but I didn’t finish thinking “YES, this needs to be a franchise” and never got round to watching any more.

I watched the first one, got thoroughly confused with everyone whipping off masks to reveal they’re someone else, with loyalties constantly shifting, and I thought ‘fuck this for a lark’ and never watched another :joy:

1 Like

The first film only got made because Cruise stepped in with his new production company and got it out of developmental hell. The success of it meant it was always going to get sequels, but the subsequent films have almost nothing in common with that first one other than a character called Ethan Hunt who works for the IMF and characters wearing masks. The franchise has essentially become used as a vanity project for Cruise to do stunts and be told how great it is that an actor does his own stunts.

2 Likes

What’s MI and F&F films

Fast and Furious and Mission Impossible. Did you know that Tom Cruise does his own stunts? It’s great.

Stop! No Way ! He’s such a down to earth normal guy

I watched Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings last night. I havent seen Guardian 3 yet to compare it to, but this was downlow the best Marvel film they’ve made in years

Quite liked one of the new MI movies. Can’t remember what it was called… its the one where he runs about a lot and does stunts.

1 Like

Yep :alien: