The Film Thread

Saw Killers of the Flower Moon last night. Impressive movie with a lot of excellent performances. It’s long, but doesn’t drag in my opinion.

1 Like

Impossible. He sunk on that one.

I’ll get my coat

Decided to be naughty and go to bed way after my normal time last night by watching John Wick 4.

I think they’ve recovered the story line a bit after the third went a little too silly for my liking. The first third I thought was excellent, when isn’t a film with Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada star in it. Then it started to go a bit silly in the middle (night club scene but Scott Adkins was a good surprise) followed by utterly ridiculous with the Champs Elysees and stairway scenes before recovering a little at the very end. And of course they half closed the missing piece of the story just after the credits. Well covered there.

Enjoyable, mad as a box of frogs and utterly daft. Some echoes of the Matrix in there too. And a shout out that the cinematography, particularly in the first third, was stunning. Thumbs up to the soundtrack too.

Wood floats

Correct. Di Caprio sunk, so not woody

Unless of course it is Ironwood…! So dense it will not float

“I am Ironwood”

I’ll get that coat again

Viewed… The Burial - Jamie Foxx + Tommy Lee Jones
Easy enough watch with some good acting on the part of the characters…
Loosely based on a true story.
8/10

1 Like

Bit extreme but I get it :rofl:

Oooh…wasnt aware of this.

https://twitter.com/dan_aykroyd/status/1722648298132017452?t=1rCBVT_qVqRomK2nByL3pQ&s=19

Hearing Ecto 1’s siren gives me goosebumps, its like hearing the x-wing foils open or Robocop walking…

1 Like

Does Paul Rudd age?

Fucker is nearly 55. Something is not right there.

He’s also from Kansas City, somewhere where you generally look 50 by the time you’re 30.

That is the benefit of spending so much time in the Quantum Realm.

Time passes differently there :wink:

I half watched the Brentford game and half watched The Boogeyman (2023). If you haven’t watched it, I wouldn’t bother if I were you.

How can you half watch a Liverpool game?

I’m on the sofa, kicking every ball, making every run, screaming at the screen.

It’s definitely a full time job.

3 Likes

I know it’s now 10 years old but I Watched whiplash last night. It’s the first thing I’ve seen that makes me understand what people like about Miles Teller as an actor

2 Likes

You’re about the only person I know who focuses on his performance rather than Simmons’! :joy: Don’t get me wrong, both are insanely good but Simmons takes the cake for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, Simmons was great, but everyone knows he’s good. Teller has been one of these actors someone in Hollywood IT has been trying to make happen for 10 years or so and I’ve never seen him do anything where he doesn’t come across as a child pretending badly to be an adult.

Death of the MSHEU

Great film, as a drummer, I know the pain!