The Film Thread

Nah, he’s married to a woman!

Oddly, one who is 25 years his senior

I saw that. They met when he was in Nowhere Boy (which is a great film BTW).

He’s not that white.

Heard good things… and heard so-so things - Guess I will have to watch first chance

I enjoyed it.

The original Road House was considered a B-Movie at best until Swayze tragically passed away.

30 minutes into the ‘remake’ and it makes the original look like a masterpiece.

1 Like

It’s long been a cult classic. Why? Cos
Patrick Swayze Pain Dont Hurt GIF - Patrick Swayze Pain Dont Hurt Road House - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

Watched it the other day.

Very good

Oh dear. Post credit scene is teasing a sequel :man_facepalming:t2:

Thought it was exactly as it was supposed to be. 90mins of ridiculous fight scenes and over the top set pieces.

I enjoyed it for what it was

Um, it had Jeff Healey in it. Must watch just for that. And Kelly Lynch of course.

Seriously cool film.

Kick Roadhouse GIF

2 Likes

Oppenheimer is a movie I’m struggling to get into the mind set of seeing. The basis is that from the off it feels like a glamorisation of war through many lenses but particularly the wallowing opulence of the west.

This is captured by the quote from the Gita he is said to have uttered at the trinity site « I have become death, destroyer of worlds » .

1 Like

I won’t watch the Roadhouse remake.

Because that racist, myopic, drug fuelled, no mark, scumbag, homophobic bully Conor McGregor is in it.

He is the far right “face” of modern Ireland…a potential candidate for political office…

I despise the cunt with every fibre of my being.

So, no to Roadhouse.

3 Likes

He can’t act either. Makes Vinny Jones look like Olivier.

3 Likes

I always took that to mean that he had realised what a huge destructive power he had unleashed and what horrors he would be responsible for.
Unfortunately, the film doesn’t adequately explore this in my opinion.

3 Likes

These are clever people, making a bomb that goes boom shouldn’t be a surprise…

We can make a bomb so powerful as to defeat Nazi Germany and end the war becomes we have made a bomb that could wipe out the entire human race.

2 Likes

It wasn’t like inventing dynamite. This was a precisely calculated and constructed mechanism to release vast amounts of energy. I think they had a pretty precise idea of how big the boom would be - at least well enough to calculate the safe distance to watch from.