The Film Thread

Yeah agree. It just doesn’t click. For all the visuals, script as in language etc. they seem to have missed the story somewhere.

He’s fixated on youth, so it’s Harry Potter for him :grinning:

3 Likes

They should have based it on Great Expectations.

great little film (not a new one either) is ‘the way’ with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez… no idea how i never knew it existed

Martin Sheen not Charlie. Martin is the father of both Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.

sorry , yes…Martin, not Charlie

I am home alone this week and watched Saltburn last night. Dear me but that is one dark film. Didn’t sleep well.

Barry Keoghan had a very convincing scouse accent…

2 Likes

Just watched Godzilla Minus One on Netflix. Top notch, although I wasn’t a fan of the ending.

2 Likes

HBO has a new documentary about the history of MoviePass. I had no idea what a clusterfuck it was and had assumed, as a non-frequent cinemagoer, that it was covid that brought it down not such monumental financial mismanagement.

They asked the question about what the Hedge Fund backing it all was really doing in fronting up so money to keep it afloat, as if there was another story there other than mismanagement, but dont think they ever answered it. I guess the insinuation is the gains they made in the stock was more than the cost of floating the enormous operating losses, but that seems difficult to believe.

2 Likes

Ah one for this weekend at last. I’ve been waitjng for this to be available. I used to enjoy the original films, the ones that had Godzilla going full Fernandes tantrum mode.

4 Likes

https://x.com/JoeBaia/status/1798690530055897592

1 Like

Under Paris II: Day of Requin-ing?

2 Likes

Lourveing the puns in here

1 Like

You spelt Louvre wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I watched 10 minutes of it because of all of you. Worst 10 minutes in movie history. I shall now be once bitten, twice shy when it comes to all your movie recommendations.

Everyone owes me for this.

5 Likes

The second 10 minutes are when it really gets good.

7 Likes

I agree. The last 15 minutes are really good too.

2 Likes

You missed the chance to say: “Oh no, Eiffel for that one…”

8 Likes

You all sicken me.

2 Likes

cannibal-funny_taste

3 Likes