The Film Thread

Salah is just a bit too happy to be Bond.

However…

4 Likes

And he’s wearing his watch like a chav. :rage:

1 Like

Apparently… A big expensive watch these days is called a ‘Kettle’.!
Don’t ask me how or why… but…

1 Like

Cockney rhyming slang.

Kettle on the hob= wearer is a nob.

1 Like

Using the word ‘chav’ is a bit grim.

1 Like

Milner would be a classic Bond villain, that smirk alone :innocent:

2 Likes

Went to cinema last night again. This time for Venom 2. Not good. Btw hate watching movies in 3D.

1 Like

Shame, I like Tom Hardy and I thought the first was quite entertaining

2 Likes

Officially confirmed. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

The film will be a theatrical only release coming on October 20, 2023.

I didn’t think Venom was good however it did finishwith potential. However if they stuck to the same ‘lines’ the sequel I can well imagine not being good at all.
Now I’m intrigued so will have to watch it. :upside_down_face: :rofl:

Season 8 Reaction GIF by The Office

2 Likes

We watched ‘Willy’s Wonderland’. It did tread a very fine line between greatness and garbage, but managed to stay the right side of it.

I was going to ask if that was the Wonka prequel and then saw the cast :joy:

I think this is the case. Just watched Hereditary and by god that was a boring film. No likeable characters and about an hour and a half too long.

Aster is really unsubtle about things as well which will become relevant later in the movie. Make sure we ram home that the kid has a nut allergy early doors, then show a massive amount of nuts being chopped up so that the audience can understand that the cake has nuts in it :roll_eyes:

Midsommar was the same with all the pictures in the bedroom and zero likeable characters.

Think I will probably steer clear of these guys in future.

It does actually look pretty good.

Can definitely see the Star Wars and The Martian influence.

That looks like a movie made for cinema rather than simply another animated movie.

1 Like

Recent sequels or installment films have been stale…Venom 2 is in danger of one of the worst in the MCU in recent years…i find the storyline and development pretty bland and lazy…No time to die…is like its written just for the sake of sending Daniel Craig off so they can start a whole new sequence with a new Bond. Even one of my favourites, Halloween…well though nothing much is expected from it in terms of storyline, it still is quite ridiculous some parts of it…The Eternals is pretty good though, hopefully starting a new segment of the MCU…

1 Like

Venom 2 isn’t an MCU movie though is it, Isn’t it a Sony release? (I thought MCU is a term specifically referring to the Disney franchise which Venom may feature in at some point in a cross over with Spiderman?)

1 Like

used to be this way but Sony always knew without the wider MCU, their characters and movies will always head to nowhere…that is why Venom 2, with the developments shown in the post credit scenes probably mean that it is now pretty much part of the MCU and will probably see alot more characters coming in future films…

Just watched Dune. I thought it was excellent. My family who have not read the books or seen the Lynch version (or played the video game for that matter) also enjoyed it, but found some bits confusing.

My only criticism was

Summary

The use of space bagpipes!

1 Like