The Film Thread

I started my son on The Hobbit and it made LoTR an easy read for him after, I mean that is the chronological order and soo much more logical for a kid and age of kid.

1 Like

Saw it recently as well. Definitely ok a little different.

@Iftikhar thought i was posting in the wrong thread…and he was right :rofl: :see_no_evil: :rofl:

Think you have posted in the wrong thread.

Watched Bullet Train last night ( Brad Pitt ), about 4 assassins on a bullet train ( obviously ). Definitely worth a watch

https://youtu.be/ob8gGx-iMhE

Blonde is a well made film and Ana de Armas is very good in the role; but if you decide to watch it, don’t make the mistake I did in thinking it’s a biography of Marilyn’s life when it’s actually a fictional exploitation piece based loosely on a few events that may potentially have happened in her life but for the most part did not.

This is not a feminist movie, this not telling her story, this is not celebrating her life. I actually don’t know why this film exists.

3 Likes

I have absolutely no idea if this is any good…
Thought the read up might stir the interest of some

The Rhythm Section

The few things I’ve seen Blake Lively in (Savages, A Simple Favour & The Shallows) hats off she’s pulled it off…all very different roles.

Never got why Jude Law is helping her out in her mission to exact revenge though….

First real trailer just one month before the movie arrives in theaters.

Movie has a runtime of 161 minutes which is the second longest in the MCU (Endgame was more than 3 hours).

Still hoping that Michael B. Jordan will surprisingly return.

1 Like

Some good ones in the list…
Some not so good…
When viewed today, some absolute crap ones…

fixed for accurate relevance :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty terrible list…

1 Like

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance needs to be higher. Likely #1.

At its very core it speaks to the problems with the entire genre - these movies are the basis of what most people “know” about the west, and the truths about the stories they tell are drastically different. Ford wasn’t making a meta point about Western films when he made it, but seen today that is how the film needs to be viewed.

3 Likes

I watched Beauty on Netflix. What a mess of a film that was. Supposedly it’s an unofficial biopic of Whitney Houston, I didn’t know that and I’ve no idea how accurate any of was, but it just felt like half the film was left on the cutting room floor.

Just finished LOTR with jnr. Absolutely loved it and said “I’d like to read that”

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

37 years

3 Likes

So sad to see what that horrible disease has done to MJF. Myself and my Lad watched and re-watched the Back to the Future films when he was a nipper. One of my favourite memories of his childhood is while watching Back to the Future 2. Doc and Marty have landed back in Hill Valley in 1955. They’ve flipped from one year to another so far in the series. Doc opens a packet of walkie talkies and gives one to Marty. My Lad already having watched the time travelling pair so far piped up “as if Doc could’ve opened the walkie talkies that easily”. He was quite happy to accept the premise of a time travelling car, but opening a plastic packet easily? No way!!!
Hopefully in the future our packet opening will become easier.

:thinking::joy::nerd_face:

3 Likes

My god, you bring back horrific memories of Christmas Day and wire ties……

1 Like

Not to derail the thread but, what’s going on with toys that are screwed into their boxes with tiny screws? Luckily Grandad has a set of precision drivers to save the day.

Probably a post for the ‘Room 101’ thread? :nerd_face:

1 Like

2 very good friends are serious toy collectors and I stress the word serious. We played a new game on Sunday and I opened the box. As I open boxes in a hurry at work, as there was no knife, keys etc (and I was a little piddled) I just ripped the end off the box. The pair of them nearly exploded :joy:

1 Like