The Film Thread

The Lord of the Rings: Toughest ever quiz - BBC Arts

12/15

1 Like

Just watched Babylon. Good film on the whole. The set pieces are excellent, and the music is good. A touch long winded and sometimes gives way to extravagence over story tellying. Well worth a watch though. One monologue by Jean Smart stands out as an emotional centre piece to the film and one of the tritagonists arcs. I recommend it

1 Like

What platform?

Cinema.

I imagine itll be elsewhere soon though

Watched it at home yesterday :+1:

Fancy letting @koptician know which platform it was on?

Not surprised its available to stream this early apparently the box office wasn’t great for it. Shame really because it was a good enough film and I think the spectacle suits the big screen

It’s on my hard drive courtesy of :skull_and_crossbones:

Johnny Depp Salute GIF

Well I can do that of course just trying to be a bit more legit nowadays

We may all have to.

Looks like all the good lawyers will be tied up with the city case.

Not a big fan of Tom Cruise but i do admire his commitment to his films. I read the other day how he continued running to finish a take after he had broken his ankle mid scene during a stunt.

Found the scene he broke his ankle.

1 Like

Why do we call this The Film Thread instead of The Movie Thread? :thinking:

Because this shit’s dead serious here

Wakanada Forever - the absolute pinnacle of what a pointless exercise Marvel films have become.

I loved the first one, but in this one you get to the exact same place in the marvel narrative with 2 lines of dialogue in a different film saying there is a new black panther and they are now friends with sea people. 2 and half hours of extended fight scenes just to get to that point?

I don’t know why I bother with Marvel anymore - maybe it’s because their films offer genuine rest to my mind these days (not that I’m one of the bright tools in the box). Nowadays, I’m a bit insulted that they are trying too hard to be inclusive that it often seems like a token appearance or something downright ridiculous. DC does it so much better, in my opinion.

On the topic of Black Panther, I don’t understand why these two films are so highly rated as I found them both poorly executed in terms of scrips and dialogues and a waste of talent of amazing actors such as late Chadwick Boseman, or Lupita Nyongo, Forest Whitaker and Michael B. Jordan.

1 Like

British English over American English, I would have thought.

So Americans think there speak English :eyes:

What is a pointless exercise is watching a comic book movie, 30 films into the franchise and expecting anything other than two and half hours of extended fight scenes.

2 Likes

One of my favourite sports films. The introduction of the Hanson brothers alone is worth watching the film for.

2 Likes