The Film Thread

Underappreciated for sure!

1 Like

Will make a re-visit this weekend - :+1:

1 Like

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

But it stars the guy who killed Moe Zart!

Interesting rumours I’m reading today that not purely about films but related to the above - allegedly Disney has finally started moving forward with a direct to consumer offering for ESPN. If this is real, this has huge implications.

Disney is incredibly well set up to thrive in a full streaming era, but it hasn’t gone full bore into streaming because it has so much business in the traditional part of the industry, namely cinema box office and carriage fees for the TV stations from TV provides like cable and satellite. The fees they get for ESPN are enormous, a significant part of their profit over the past 2 decades. This more than anything, including the long term rights packages they have that are based on traditional access, are what has held them back from really committing to streaming. Access to ESPN is considered the primary factor preventing people who still have cable from cutting the cord. If they are close to offering a DTC version that is the equivalent of throwing a grenade and blowing up the entire traditional model.

2 Likes

Friends convinced me to watch the 10th Fast & Furios movie last night.

Thought it’s going to be the last one so I joined.

141 minutes runtime and nothing really happened.

Oh and doesn’t even look like it was the second last.

ahhahaa

I’ve been bored at work and have had those movies in the background. currently on 2Fast

Whaaaaaaat?

Must’ve fell asleep when John Cena died saving his brother :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

OR that twist at the end with that bodybuilder from Reacher when he’d sided with Dante all along?

Or what apart the part when Statham was beating that crap out the naked spanish guy hanging from the body bag.

Best movie of the last 350 years!!! By far!!!

:rofl:
https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1667296912943493120?s=20

3 Likes

Dead like Han, Letty and Giselle?

Ooooh almost forgot!!! That’s another thing that happens!!! Giselle is back :slight_smile:

Minnesota Timberwolves Dancing GIF by NBA

I heard the next FF installment will reveal the cars as the Transformers

The missus went to bed early last night so I watched Dungeons and Dragons. Not normally one I’d search for but I heard really good things, and I just dont get it. Hugh Grant was really enjoyable. Other than that it wasnt bad, but it certainly wasnt good.

Holy hell, Death Proof was a disaster. There’s people that actually liked this??

Always liked this guy…

This is Matrix movie star Keanu Reeves. He was abandoned by his father at 3 years old and grew up with 3 different stepfathers. He is dyslexic. His dream of becoming a hockey player was shattered by a serious accident. His daughter died at birth. His wife died in a car accident. His best friend, River Phoenix, died of an overdose. His sister battled leukemia.

No bodyguards, no luxury houses. Keanu lives in an ordinary apartment and likes wandering around town and often seen riding a subway in NYC.

When he was filming the movie “The Lake House,” he overheard the conversation of two costume assistants, one crying as he would lose his house if he did not pay $20,000 - On the same day, Keanu deposited the necessary amount in his bank account. In his career, he has donated large sums to hospitals including $75 million of his earnings from “The Matrix” to charities.

In 2010, on his birthday, Keanu walked into a bakery & bought a brioche with a single candle, ate it in front of the bakery, and offered coffee to people who stopped to talk to him.

In 1997 some paparazzi found him walking one morning in the company of a homeless man in Los Angeles, listening to him and sharing his life for a few hours.

In life, sometimes the ones most broken from inside are the ones most willing to help others.

This man could buy everything, and instead every day he gets up and chooses one thing that cannot be bought: To be a good person.

#Humanity #Life #

9 Likes

was looking to buy a place in Nairn, (north of Scotland) apparently…

his good friend Tilda Swinton lives there

1 Like

Probably the perfect example that a person who’s disadvantaged from birth can succeed. Wonder if Eddie Van Halen ever did play with him?

Be excellent to each other, he takes it seriously.

1 Like

He allegedly made over 150 million from the first matrix movie of a base salary of about 10 million. When negotiating for the sequels he again got a good amount amount back end points included in his contract and then immediately distributed them among the large sections of the special effects team due to his recognition of how important they were in making the first film such a success.

Sure, its easy being generous with your money when you’ve already made 150 million, but I think the bigger point is the recognition of others in your success. The more successful people are the less they tend to recognize that, and I think the thing with him is this is not a one off show someone does so they can sleep at night. You can go on forever with similar stories like this about the way he treats people.

It is one of the things twitter is good for as I remember seeing a thread a few years ago full of people whod worked on his films telling stories of the different way he acted on and around the set compared to other stars. There was a similar one recently after the last episode of Barry about Hader from people who had worked on that show and it was so heart warming

4 Likes

Saw Bullet Train last night, a film you can’t not have fun watching. Brad Pitt rolling back the years, (Mr and Mrs Smith type fun, one of my favourite films of the last 20 years). Pleasing on the eye with it’s eccentric style of characters, the story itself isn’t anything amazing or cleverly thought out but the setting, design, dialogue is all artistically created.

2 Likes

I hated it. It felt like a teenager who had seen an older kid he thought was really cool and then started trying to act like him but couldnt pull it off convincingly because it was transparently an act

1 Like