The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

To be honest Edwards was only part of a team when Klopp came in.

And they would have also have been seen as very vague figures then.

See what happens

1 Like

Who were the decision makers in terms of high quality football people when we signed Klopp?

3 Likes

At least we had some!

Everyone keeps talking about the structure being in place for this big move, what’s a structure without people? Plus, expectations have changed since 2015.

Very disappointing press conference today (not by Klopp, but people around him). I was hoping for much better questions.

I was very impressed by him at Celtic. He’s a proven winner at different levels across the globe. He’s also in the mould of Klopp and would “get” Liverpool I think.

I get that we are all excited, Xabi is still very green by comparison. That’s all I’ll say at this early stage as I’m still in 23/24 win it all for Klopp mode. But I think we should be open minded.

This is pretty much the reason most of us much preferred Klopp over Ancelotti when Rodgers got the sack. Maybe, after Dalglish, there is the slight worry of a former club hero coming in and dealing with the fallout if they ever decided to sack him, but it was easily the right decision to replace Hodgson with him at the time and I think Alonso should easily be the stand out pick this time.

1 Like

Bajcetic is like 12! :rotating_light:

I imagine there are lots of discussions behind closed door, possibly even including Klopps preference. I also think the fans pick would probably be highly unlikely. I’m amazed this stayed out of the rumour pages so long.

Who is everyone? Where are these statements about there being a structure in place.
I think Klopp highlighted that it wasn’t the ideal time to announce it and It appears that his and Liverpools hand were forced.
So out of interest what were you expecting them to say? Don’t worry everyone, we have already lined up a replacement, Jurgen can you please close the door on the way out?

Being a Liverpool fan, the expectations do not change. The team is still expected to be successful and play football that identifies with the history of the club.
One thing that is clear, is that the next Manager will not be picking up a squad that needs a major overhaul.

I don’t think so. There are quite a lot of similarities in play. Some differences ofcourse and I’m sure Xabi can adjust his style and make changes gradually

Postecoglu? No. Teams score against Spurs too easily. Doesn’t know how to set up a defence.

De Zerbi? No. Teams score against Brighton too easily. Doesn’t know how to set up a defence.

Zidane? No. Can’t / Doesn’t speak English and no club experience outside of RM where everything was laid on a plate for him.

Conte, Tuchel, Mourinho et al? No, no, no. Coaching mercenaries who would probably leave or get fired within two seasons.

Emery? Maybe. I thought he did well at Arsenal but apparently his demeanour pissed people off. Did very well at Sevilla and has revitalized Villa this season.

Alonso? Yes. Played at the highest level. Excellent tactical awareness, loves Liverpool, speaks twenty languages and looks uber cool. What’s not to like? Only problem is that RM might start wafting a plate of paella under his nose if he does well with us.

Don Carlo Ancelotti? I wouldn’t mind. If Xabi says no not right now, then I would accept him on a short term basis until we can get Xabi. But he has just signed an extension at RM. I suspect he likes it there.

Dream team? Xabi as boss, Milner as assistant to keep everyone in line and on their toes, Michael Edwards back as Sporting Director.

6 Likes

I hear Ted Lasso is available, very good man manager.

Sorry, I use bad humor to help deal with my emotions.

2 Likes

steve buscemi flirting GIF

Mate

It’s called being Australian. A frightful incurable hereditary condition.

Pity is the only response.

1 Like

Honestly Tuchel looks even shittier when younger

I think we should get Rafa assisted by Rodgers and Roy as the Sporting Director.

Dream team.

Called ‘The R-Souls’

1 Like

Billy Hogan, Klopp himself (of course he wants to make it sound like everything is promising for our future), Carragher, a lot of fans from what I can read also.

I was expecting better questions (might not have got the answers I wanted though), like why is it taking us so long to replace people who started sistematically leaving in the last year or two. Which could’ve helped Klopp have the energy needed to get to 2026.

I do hope the expectations don’t change. I don’t know what’s the type of football that identifies with the history of the club, because it changed numerous times. I don’t want that prison of ideology.

We want to be protagonists, at least I hope so. More pressing or less, I don’t care too much. Which formation, I don’t care too much. Wingers inside or outside, I don’t care too much.

You just want a game that is pretty much complete in all phases and we can compete and win.

:joy:

Zoran!:persevere::see_no_evil::roll_eyes: how could you! We are still grieving

1 Like

Huh? Ange is older than Klopp and has only managed some Australian clubs then won a one horse race in Scotland.

Now being massively overrated at Spurs because he goes all out attack and talks to the media like they’re his mates.

No fucking way

2 Likes