The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Thought he was going to whip out 3 envelopes there

2 Likes

Rupzzz, we love you too, hair or no hair😃

3 Likes

Slot seems lovely and wears adidas.

I’ve been a huge supporter of his career and proponent of this hire.

1 Like

If we get him and he does well then we will be
“Arne’s Slot Machine”.

:rofl:

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1782789251190394992

3 Likes

Fixed.

3 Likes

As long as Slot doesn’t want to bring overpriced players from his former club , that’s fine.

2 Likes

I’m starting to worry that no one is going to want to want to follow Slot after his 8 years.

2 Likes

I don’t think he will here that long😀

1 Like

If you’ve bought what you’ve got
And then you add Slot
That’s Amorim :heart:

1 Like

Slot shaming has already started

4 Likes

If he’s successful enough to be here 8 years then we’ll have a big slot to fill once he leaves. Am I right?

5 Likes

Jackpot

1 Like

Probably not a concern. Feyenoord’s record sale is £22mil. Comparisons between Slot and Ten Hag/Feyenoord and Ajax are thin at best.

3 Likes

Reddy was sure it was Amorim a couple of weeks back.

I’ll wait and see, I think the Dutch league is quite weak currently but he has done ok in Europe with his teams and has won trophies.

I would say he is less of a risk than some others but it is a shortlist for a reason and I do think Amorim and Alonso were favourites for a period and probably top of that list.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1782787395739357536

edit

Most points from losing postions? Yeah ffs
I thought we could do with a bit more of a defensive stategy next…but hey… we will go much more attacking instead.

2 Likes

So, from devouring articles in the last hour, it seems that tactically, his approach to football is similar to Klopp, so the thinking is it’d help in terms of the current squad, and transitioning through a post-Klopp era.

It’s safe to say he’s the No.1 choice. Looks like we’ve done the interviews, and he’s the guy we’re ready to offer the job to. I’d say the time Alonso dropped out was when we wanted clarity from the candidates on who was interested, and who couldn’t commit.

The cautious side of me thinks of Ten Hag, Frank De Boer, Peter Boazs, all of whom did great in the Dutch league, but failed to impress beyond that.

I was hoping we’d go for a slightly different style, but I can see why we’ve gone for someone who profiles similar to Klopp in terms of style. It’s not wholly dissimilar to how Swansea and Barcelona used to appoint managers.

Interesting that Slot’s press conference tomorrow has been cancelled.

3 Likes

And getting excited will just mean in 2 weeks we switch to someone else.

He looks a bit like Martin Jol, I don’t think he would piss me off on the touch line, as long as he doesn’t do that shit like Pep who looks fucking dumb.

1 Like

https://x.com/pedromsepulveda/status/1782720070294069756

I not sure how true some of the above is, if that is what cooled the pursuit of Amorim by the FSG board.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Fitness GIF

Arne Slut