The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

He comes across very relaxed and charismatic and his English is really good. But he is dutch, most of them speak English well. I posted a video above.

4 Likes

Apologies if I’m late but Emery has just extended his Villa contract

‘but he ticks the key criteria for the Anfield position’ … and they are ?

Looking good in red? :wink:

1 Like

Sorry Maria, I was mostly joking about the hair.

Personally i find it pretty easy to get excited about players and managers I hadn’t heard of till they’re linked, so I’ll be convinced at the start of the season that he’ll do a good job.
But there really isn’t a lot to get excited about. No aura, no outstanding accomplishments, no memorable moments as a player we can all fall back on.

If he gets it he’s definitely got his work cut out but let’s see what he can do!

1 Like

I hope we dont go with the Feyenoord coach.

I have a bad habit of mixing my o’s and u’s so that could be embarrassing

I am going to check his videos out.

All the other potential high profile ‘experienced ex managers’ our TAN family don’t want them.

Anyone who comes to our club is never going to live up to Jürgen. We just have to trust the owners and give the new guy a chance or two.

1 Like

It’s strange, but we don’t seem to hold any strong appeal for good managers out there. I can’t really figure out why, but maybe we’ll know in time.

Is he as good as Ten Hag ?

Worth mentioning Slot got Feyenoord to a European final and had AZ joint top when the Dutch league was cancelled due to Covid, they would have had a great chance to go on and win it. I don’t think there is much between their resumes and Slot seems like a better fit both in terms of playing style/system and personality wise.

3 Likes

I know what you mean, our Jürgen said himself he was 2nd Bundesliga player, but with first Bundesliga brain or something like that. You don’t need to be a top player to be an excellent manager. Most managers aren’t.

I’m with you on this.

Considering his first name is Arend, I’m afraid I could get my “Ar’s” and “Bell’s” mixed.

If he’s the manager equivalent of Jota, maybe worth trying…

1 Like

Anna scott it is

so??? how does he come across?

1 Like

hmmm…

2 Likes

I’m bald(ing) and everyone loves me. :sweat_smile:

It’s an easy target for the jokes/bantz - but 50% of men suffer from MPB. Heck, Klopp was going bald and had a hair transplant and now hides his balding with long swept hair and a cap - I’d rather bald gracefully than worry about hair loss and what others think - each to their own though.

So yeah - I don’t care if they are hairy as fuck or bald as fuck - they need to be able to do the job!

3 Likes

Other than maybe Zidane, there really aren’t any established heavyweights out there right now so I dont think you can put the profile of the names we’re being linked to down to people not wanting to join us.

1 Like

when Joyce and Reddy get involved its a done deal…I will support whomever has got next.

1 Like

Livvy,
I have just seen the two videos. My first impressions are that he seems quite a nice, smiling, warm and humorous chap. He seems like a people’s person too. He does have similar traits to our Jürgen in that he is very engaging with people.
He is very good at answering difficult questions to the media. Our press can be brutal a times.
He is not like the detached Ten Hag at all.
If Slot does his homework, then I am sure he will be given the time to develop his team to his way of playing.
If he gives us attractive ‘total football’, I think the majority of fans will be okay with this.

2 Likes